For Fiscal Year 2016
Total Passenger Boardings: 44,046,960
Total Revenue Miles: 26,940,139
- 87 MetroLink vehicles
- 395 MetroBus vehicles
- 15 60-foot articulated buses
- 107 35-foot buses
- 273 40-foot buses
- 122 Metro Call-A-Ride vans
- 46 miles of light rail
- 37 MetroLink stations
- 26 stations in Missouri
- 11 stations in Illinois
- Two MetroLink lines
- Red Line – Operates from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to Scott Air Force Base
- Blue Line – Operates from Shrewsbury, Mo. to Fairview Heights, Ill.
- 97% on-time performance
- 79 MetroBus routes
- 62 Missouri routes
- 17 Illinois routes
- 92% on-time performance
- 20,568 revenue miles between road calls
- 568,097 annual passenger boardings
- 92.3% on-time performance
- 38,451 revenue miles between road calls
Metro Transit Facts
- Based on passenger surveys, 75 percent of Metro transit riders use the system to get to work, and 20 percent to get to school.
- Studies show that every $1 invested in public transportation produces approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Since 2011, more than $6.4 billion in commercial development has been completed or is currently under construction within a half-mile radius of MetroLink stations.