February 2, 2011 | 0 Comments
Metro Transit Service Update February 2, 2010 – Weather Conditions
Return to Blog
Update 5:15 p.m. Metro is currently single-tracking between the Grand and Stadium Stations until crews can remove a stalled train. Red Line is in operation between Lambert Airport and Shiloh-Scott.
Metro is operating the Shrewsbury branch as a shuttle (operating back and forth between Forest Park and Shrewsbury Stations only.) All passengers traveling to or from stations on the Shrewsbury branch will have to transfer at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station.
MetroLink customers can expect delays. MetroBus can expect delays of 15-20 minutes.
Update 2:15 p.m. MetroLink trains are now running to all stations in Missouri and Illinois on the Red and Blue Lines. Bus shuttles have been canceled.
Update 8:30 a.m.: MetroLink is now running on or near on-time between Fairview Heights and Lambert Airport (Red Line) and Shrewsbury Stations (Blue Line). Bus shuttle still in place east of Fairview Heights to take passengers to and from stations east to Shiloh-Scott.
MetroBuses expecting 30-40 minutes delays. Please dress warmly during bus waits. The #30 Soulard and #2, #2x Cahokia MetroBus routes have snow routes in effect.
- MetroLink Red Line trains continue to operate between the Fairview Heights Station and Lambert Airport’s Main Terminal Station.
- MetroLink Blue Line trains continue to operate between the Fairview Heights Station and the Shrewsbury Station.
- MetroBus service is being used to transport MetroLink customers who need to travel to stations east of Fairview Heights.
- Commuters can expect up to 20 minute delays on MetroLink trains.
- All bus routes are operating. Some are operating on a snow route: #1 Main Street in IL, #18 Taylor, #94 Page, #42 Sarah and #90 Hampton at Art Hill.
- Commuters may experience between 5 and 40 minutes delays system wide based on road conditions.
- Call-A-Ride will be open today to handle customer trips.
- Customers may experience delays tomorrow based on road conditions.
Metro continues to encourage customers to check on the status of transit before they leave home. Customer sources for information on Metro Transit service:
Stay tuned for updates to service and road conditions. Stay warm and safe as your travel through our region today!