January 24, 2011 | 4 Comments
New Features and Changes to Metrostlouis.org Based on Customer Feedback
Return to Blog
We want to thank everyone who responded to the new website redesign via the blog, phone, Twitter and email.
The Website Redesign Committee met to review all the feedback and decided to make some changes based on that feedback. It was clear there are distinct groups of users who have particular needs. These changes reflect our attempts to try to get our schedule information into the hands of our customers in the formats they desire.
- On the Main Menu we changed “System Map” to “Maps and Schedules”. This menu item is actually a “quick” drop down panel that gives our customers access to all our various schedule information in two clicks.
On the left are links to display individual MetroBus routes, MetroLink stations as well as information about our Metro Call-A-Ride service (nothing has changed with these links). However, newly added are direct links to our System Maps, MetroBus PDF Schedules, MetroLink PDF Schedules, and Web-based timetables.
- The System Maps page displays key maps of our system in PDF Format.
- The MetroBus PDF Schedules page is a new page requested by many of you. This is a single page with ALL of our PDF schedules for MetroBus in one place.
- The MetroLink PDF Schedules page is also new and is similar to the MetroBus page above. This is a single page with ALL of our PDF schedules for MetroLink in one place.
- Web-based Timetables links customers to the timetables functionality of TripFinder. For those who prefer an HTML version of a timetable, this is the option for you.
- All PDF information for a particular route remains the same. We have added links to the All PDF pages and TripFinder Web-Based Timetables. All PDF links on these pages are now labeled with a PDF symbol.
- On the Home Page, the right side of the page was renamed “Maps & Schedules” The widget remains the same and allows access to MetroBus and MetroLink schedule information in one to two clicks.
- Map and schedule information can also be accessed from the Plan Your Trip section of the website.
- While not new, we do want to point out that customers should pay attention to the Service Updates page. This page will point customers to all changes occurring on the system.
We hope these changes will make it easier for our customers to access the information they need. As always, we invite you to give us your feedback!