November 12, 2009 | 0 Comments
Transit News: MetroLinks for November 12
Return to Blog
The last week was a very busy week in transit! Here at NextStop, we had a lively discussion about bike commuting and possible solutions to crowding bikes onto crowded trains, learned about two important safety measures Metro takes to protect our passengers – lightning arrestors and light rail door technology – and discussed Metro’s briefing of the St. Louis County Council.
Meanwhile, here’s some news and thoughts from elsewhere that you might have missed:
- LA Metro has started a new transit blog, The Source. Check it out.
- The Post-Dispatch has published an article about the plans for revising St. Louis Centre in a way that will benefit the surrounding neighborhood.
- The Urbanophile reported on 2009 RailVolution conference.
- The proposed Cincinnati streetcar has cleared one hurdle.
- The Oregonian ponders retractable speed bumps that reward law-abiding drivers.