Bridge Demolition to Impact Service at Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station
(Updated 4/23/2015 at 4:16 p.m.): The MetroLink Station Shuttle, scheduled for this weekend April 25-26, has been postponed.
Demolition work on the DeBaliviere Bridge at Forest Park Parkway in St. Louis scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, April 25 and April 26, will impact Metro passengers.
Because the weekend demolition work will occur above the MetroLink tracks at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station, trains will be unable to operate on that section of the light rail system from the start of Metro service Saturday through the end of service Sunday. MetroLink customers will be transported instead by bus shuttles between the Skinker, Delmar Loop, Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Central West End Stations. Passengers should plan ahead and allow for 30 minute delays.
MetroLink trains will operate 20-minute service between:
- Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station and Delmar Loop Station
- Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and Skinker Station
- Central West End Station and Shiloh-Scott Station
Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station during this time. Regular Red Line service will operate between the Central West End and Shiloh-Scott Stations. Customers traveling east of the Central West End Station should utilize Red Line trains.
Transferring to the MetroLink Station Shuttles (map below):
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Central West End Station. From there, they will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Skinker Station to resume their westbound trips on the MetroLink Blue Line
- Passengers traveling westbound on the Red Line between the Shiloh-Scott Station and the Central West End Station, will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle at the Central West End Station and travel to the Delmar Loop Station to resume their westbound MetroLink Red Line
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker Station will get off the train at Skinker. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they will resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line
- Eastbound Red Line passengers traveling between Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and the Delmar Loop Station will get off the train at the Delmar Loop Station. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they can resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line
MetroLink Station Shuttles serving the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will pick up and drop off on Pershing Avenue at DeBaliviere Avenue, just north of the station. Regular MetroLink service is expected to resume by the start of service on Monday, April 27.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found on the Rider Alert section or by calling Metro Transit Information Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.