Check Out The Winning MetroScape ArtworkReturn to Blog
Images from 10 St. Louis area artists are starting to appear at bus shelters near you.
Metro Arts in Transit invited local artists to submit their artwork to MetroScapes last fall. Submissions were reviewed by a panel of artists and art professionals who selected the winning pieces in January based on quality of work, appropriateness for public display and image clarity, as well as content that was intriguing, thought-provoking, inspirational, entertaining and/or enduring.
The winning artists and the titles of their works are:
- Lyndon Barrois – Wonder
- Jane Birdsall-Lander – World Peace
- David Chappell – Cosmic Solemnity
- Alex Cunningham – Keepings
- Marcis Curtis – Basil Kincaid: Artist
- Julie Heller – Moonrise Over St. Louis
- Alicia LaChance – Walking City
- Megan Rieke – I hear Ya, Sisyphus. I hear Ya
- Mark Swain – Turtle
- Angela Vories – Wise Words – Rosa Parks
The winning pieces are being installed at more than 200 MetroBus shelters in the St. Louis region, and the posters will be on display for a year. The public also will be able to view the artwork and visit with the artists at a public exhibit and reception later this year.