Don’t Forget: Ride Metro to the Soulard Mardi Gras This SaturdayReturn to Blog
Metro is offering special shuttle service to the Soulard Mardi Gras on Saturday, February 25, making it easy for families and parade-goers to safely and conveniently enjoy all of the festivities.
Metro will operate special Mardi Gras shuttle buses this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. between the Stadium MetroLink Station and the Mardi Gras venue in Soulard. Round-trip passes for the shuttles are $6, but as an added benefit for Metro U-Pass users or riders who purchase Metro Monthly Passes, both passes will be accepted as valid fare to ride the shuttle at no additional charge.
The Mardi Gras shuttles will operate out of the Stadium MetroLink Station this year due to ongoing construction for the Civic Center Transit Center expansion project. The special shuttles will run every 15 minutes and will drop off and pick up passengers in Soulard on 10th Street between Carroll and Marion Streets, in the heart of the Mardi Gras celebration. The $6 round-trip shuttle passes can only be purchased on Saturday, February 25, at the Stadium MetroLink Station.
MetroLink trains will operate every 20 minutes on the Red Line and Blue Line on February 25, with trains arriving every 10 minutes at stations between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Fairview Heights MetroLink Stations. MetroLink platforms will be monitored for crowds throughout the day, and extra MetroLink service will be added as needed.
At the end of the evening, the last eastbound train from the Stadium MetroLink Station to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station will depart at 11:39 p.m., and the last eastbound train to the Fairview Heights Station will leave at 12:40 a.m.
Heading westbound, the final Blue Line train will depart from the Stadium MetroLink Station to the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station at 12:02 a.m., and the last Red Line train to the Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station will leave at 12:12 a.m.
Due to Mardi Gras festivities and the 2017 Grand Parade, the following MetroBus routes will be rerouted on Saturday.
#8 Bates-Morganford — from 3 a.m. until end of service
- Eastbound: Regular route to Russell and Gravois, left on Gravois to Tucker, then resume regular route.
- Westbound: Regular route to Tucker and 12th Street, continue south on Tucker to Gravois, then right on Russell and resume regular route.
#30 Soulard — from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Northbound: Regular route to Arsenal and 13th, left on 13th, left onto I-55 North, exit at Truman Parkway, right on Lafayette, left on Tucker, then left on Chouteau and resume regular route.
#40 Broadway — from 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Northbound: Regular route to Broadway and Arsenal, left on Arsenal, right on 13th, left onto I-55 North, take Walnut exit to Memorial Drive, left onto Walnut, then right on 4th and resume regular route.
- Southbound: Regular route to Broadway and Walnut, left on Walnut, right on Memorial Drive to !-44/I-55, exit and left on Arsenal, then right on Broadway and resume regular route.
#73 Carondelet — from 3 a.m. until end of service
- Northbound: Regular route to Lemp and Arsenal, right on Arsenal, left on 13th, left onto I-55 North, exit at Truman Parkway, right on Lafayette, then left on Tucker and resume regular route.
- Southbound: Regular route to Chouteau and Tucker, right on Tucker to Gravois, left on I-55 South, exit and right on Arsenal, then left on Lemp and resume regular route.