Elevator Rehabilitation Continues at Convention Center and 8th & Pine
The next phase of an elevator rehabilitation project will begin on January 13, and to accommodate this work, one elevator at the Convention Center and 8th & Pine Stations will got out of service and be unavailable for several months.
The elevator serving the eastbound platform of the Convention Center MetroLink Station will go out of service on Monday, January 13. The elevator serving the westbound platform of the 8th & Pine MetroLink Station will go out of service on Monday, January 20.
If you require an elevator to use MetroLink at those stations, here are options to best navigate the system during the outages:
- Consider using alternative MetroLink stations.
- If you end your trip at MetroLink station with an elevator outage, do not exit the train at the station. Instead, continue to the next MetroLink station with a center platform, cross the platform to board a train traveling back to your destination, and use the working elevator to complete your trip.
- For 8th & Pine Station, continue your trip westbound to Civic Center Station, cross the platform and catch an eastbound train to reach the working elevator at 8th & Pine Station.
- For Convention Center Station, continue your trip eastbound to Laclede’s Landing Station, cross the platform and catch a westbound train to reach the working elevator at Convention Center Station.
- If you need to start your trip at a MetroLink station with an elevator outage, use the working elevator and board a MetroLink train headed in the opposite direction of your trip. Continue to the next MetroLink station with a center platform, and cross the platform to board a train traveling to your destination.
- To head westbound from 8th & Pine Station, use the working eastbound elevator to catch an eastbound train and head to Laclede’s Landing Station. Cross the platform to catch a westbound train to complete your trip.
- To head eastbound from Convention Center Station, use the working westbound elevator to catch a westbound train to Civic Center Station. Cross the platform to catch an eastbound train to complete your trip.
- Please allow extra time for your commute during the rehabilitation project.
For additional information or assistance, contact Metro Transit Information at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text), available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Customers can also use the Passenger Assist Telephones, which are located at all MetroLink stations.
This work is part of a multi-phase project to rehabilitate elevators in or near downtown St. Louis that have been part of the MetroLink system since it opened and are now more than 26 years old. In 2018, Metro Transit completed rehabilitation of elevators at Union Station and Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Stations. Metro Transit recently completed rehabilitation of the westbound elevator at Convention Center Station and the eastbound elevator at 8th & Pine Station, and rehabilitation of the eastbound elevator at the East Riverfront MetroLink Station is expected to be completed by the end of this month.