Find Out The Latest Information Before You Go Metro Transit in the StormReturn to Blog
Winter weather is not all the same for transit agencies. Ice or freezing rain brings a new set of challenges than snow, even heavy snow. Since both types of inclement weather is predicted for the next couple of days in St. Louis, here’s what you need to know before you go transit.
Check for rider alerts regarding system outages and major delays:
MetroLink can be impacted by winter weather, especially by icy conditions. If ice accumulations are as heavy as predicted, downed tree limbs, power outages and other issues could seriously delay or even halt light rail travel along the MetroLink alignment this evening. MetroBus and Metro Call‑A‑Ride vans will be traveling based on road conditions. Commuters can expect delays and reroutes around impassable roads. Here’s how you can check for rider alerts:
1. Look at www.MetroStLouis.org for rider alerts, and consider subscribing to the RSS feed.
2. Follow @STLMetro on Twitter. Rider alerts are updated frequently.
3. Alerts will be sent to local news media. Listen or watch for system updates.
4. Metro is working with MoDOT and local streets departments to coordinate the emergency weather response.
4. Be sure to check before heading out tonight or tomorrow. Customer Service Transit Information Line will have information on service availability and delays. After hours or while in queue waiting for a representative, customers can listen to a message that includes basic rider alert information. Call 314-231-2345 in Missouri and 618-271-2345 in Illinois.
Ice and snow may cause delays, so please dress warmly in anticipation of a wait. Transit service managers will be out all night and working with MoDOT and local streets departments to check road conditions and plans for bus and van reroutes. Reroutes will be posted to rider alerts, but delays can be expected.
Please stay tuned for current information. Thank you riding Metro, and be safe however you travel.
1 thought on “Find Out The Latest Information Before You Go Metro Transit in the Storm”
Hi there I found your site by mistake when i searched Live search for this topic, I have to tell you your blog is very valuable I also love the design, it is cool!