Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station Closed June 20 and June 21Return to Blog
The Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station will be closed on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21, due to construction work on the DeBaliviere Bridge at Forest Park Parkway.
Crews will be setting pre-cast beams for the bridge as part of the Loop Trolley construction project and will be working above the MetroLink tracks at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station. Trains will be unable to operate on that section of the light rail system from the start of MetroLink service on Saturday (June 20) through the end of service on Sunday (June 21). During this period, MetroLink Station Shuttles will be used to transport passengers by bus between the Skinker, Delmar Loop, Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Central West End MetroLink Stations. Passengers traveling through the affected area should plan ahead and allow for 30-minute delays.
On Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21, MetroLink trains will operate 20-minute service between:
- Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station and Delmar Loop Station
- Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and Skinker Station
- Central West End Station and Shiloh-Scott Station
Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station during this time. Regular Red Line service will operate between the Central West End and Shiloh-Scott Stations. Customers traveling east of the Central West End Station should use Red Line trains.
Transferring to the MetroLink Station Shuttles:
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Central West End Station. From there, they will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Skinker Station to resume their westbound trips on the MetroLink Blue Line.
- Passengers traveling westbound on the Red Line between the Shiloh-Scott Station and the Central West End Station, will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle at the Central West End Station and travel to the Delmar Loop Station to resume their westbound MetroLink Red Line trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker Station will get off the train at Skinker. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they will resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
- Eastbound Red Line passengers traveling between Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and the Delmar Loop Station will get off the train at the Delmar Loop Station. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they can resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
MetroLink Station Shuttles serving the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will pick up and drop off on Pershing Avenue at DeBaliviere Avenue, just north of the station. Regular MetroLink service is expected to resume by the start of service on Monday, June 22.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found in the Rider Alert section or by calling Metro Transit Information Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.
3 thoughts on “Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station Closed June 20 and June 21”
Will trains then run every 20 minutes through the shared section since only Red will be running, or will twice the usual number of red trains will run?
Trains will run every 20 minutes on both the Red Line and Blue Line.
Yup, I see where it says that. I wonder if trains will be more crowded since only half the number of usual trains will run in the shared portion or if some will just not ride.