April 20, 2016 | 3 Comments
Forest Park Trolley Back in Service on April 22
Return to Blog
The #3 Forest Park Trolley officially returns to Forest Park for its sixth season of service on Friday, April 22.
The Forest Park Trolley is a great way for Forest Park visitors to conveniently navigate through the Park and its many attractions, while helping reduce traffic congestion in the park.
The Forest Park Trolley will operate daily between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. from April 22 through September 11, 2016, and will connect all of the popular Forest Park attractions with the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. The Trolley will operate every 20 minutes on weekdays and every 15 minutes during the weekend.
Forest Park Trolley tickets are $2 for adults, $1 for children (ages 5-12), seniors and disabled passengers, and the Trolley is free for children ages 4 and under. A valid Metro Reduced Fare permit is required for the Senior and Disabled discount. Two convenient Park & Ride options are available for visitors inside Forest Park: the Twin Parking Lots across from the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center and the Festival & Parking Plaza at the Upper Muny. Visitors can park their vehicles at these lots and then hop aboard the Forest Park Trolley for a quick and easy trip to their destinations inside Forest Park.
The Metro #3 Forest Park Trolley is a partnership between Forest Park Forever, Metro, Missouri History Museum, Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Science Center, Saint Louis Zoo and the City of St. Louis.
Forest Park Trolley Tips:
- One-Day Trolley tickets can be purchased onboard the Trolley (exact change is required), at Perk Café inside the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center, and at the Planetarium Ticket Station at the Saint Louis Science Center. Each Trolley ticket allows unlimited rides on the Forest Park Trolley for the day the fare is purchased.
- Valid Metro passes are acceptable fares for the Forest Park Trolley. Visitors who are combining MetroLink or MetroBus with the Forest Park Trolley should consider purchasing the Metro Adventure Pass. Available at Metro Ticket Vending Machines located at all MetroLink stations, the Metro Adventure Pass provides unlimited rides on MetroLink, MetroBus, the Forest Park Trolley and Downtown Trolley for one day, and lets visitors easily explore Forest Park and other attractions throughout the region.
- Forest Park Trolley tickets and the Metro Adventure Pass can also be purchased at the MetroStore, located at 7th and Washington in downtown St. Louis. The MetroStore is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trolley Head Signs: Forest Park Trolley vehicles coming from the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink station are identified as Southbound – To Science Center. Forest Park Trolley vehicles heading toward the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station are identified as Northbound – To Forest Park MetroLink Station.
- The #3 Forest Park Trolley is fully accessible to persons with disabilities.