Here’s How To Protect Yourself From Identity Theft
Here are a few tips to ensure a safe holiday shopping experience:
- Never give personal information over the telephone, such as your social security number, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, credit card numbers, or bank PIN code, unless you initiated the phone call.
- Sign all credit cards upon receipt.
- Memorize your social security number and all of your passwords. Do not record them on any cards or on anything in your wallet or purse.
- Never loan your credit card (or cell phone unless you know the person) to anyone else.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Use caution when disclosing checking account numbers, credit card numbers, or other personal financial data to any website or online service locations unless you receive a security authentication key from your provider (for example, the internet website address will start with https:// which signifies a security connection).
If you have any additional questions regarding safety, please contact our Department of Public Safety at 314-289-6873 or 314-289-6872.
Identity theft is not the only danger out there. Here are a few tips to make your holiday shopping safer and more enjoyable.
From all of us here at Metro transit, have a safe and happy holiday season.