Metro Senior Sign-Up Events at Schnucks Through Nov. 19Return to Blog
St. Louis area older adults who are interested in saving money on Metro public transit fares or need to renew their Metro reduced fare permits, have several more opportunities to do so at five area Schnucks stores this month. A Senior Reduced Fare Permit allows Missouri adults age 65 and older to qualify for half-price tickets on the Metro transit system.
Eligible senior citizens can sign up for the Senior Reduced Fare Permit or renew their expired permits on the following dates and times at these Schnucks locations:
- November 10, 9 a.m. to Noon: Schnucks – Brentwood, 8800 Manchester, 63144
- November 11, 9 a.m. to Noon: Schnucks – Grandview, 74 Grandview Plaza, 63033 (rescheduled from Nov. 5)
- November 12, 9 a.m. to Noon: Schnucks – Loughborough Avenue, 1020 Loughborough Avenue, 63111
- November 17, 9 a.m. to Noon: Schnucks – Concord Village, 5434 Southfield Center, 63123
- November 19, 9 a.m. to Noon: Schnucks – Sierra Vista, 1589 Sierra Vista Plaza, 63138
These special registration events are a convenient way for older adults to sign up for the permits or renew their old permits so they can ride for half price when taking Metro transit in St. Louis. The Senior Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and older adults are required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro employees will take a photo and issue a permit at the event. The permits are valid for five years.
Senior Reduced Fare Permits also can be obtained at the MetroStore, located at 701 Convention Plaza (at the corner of 7th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis), Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the #99 Downtown Trolley.
Representatives of senior organizations or independent living retirement communities may call 314-982-1455 to request a sign-up event at their facilities.