Metro Senior Sign-Up Events Start May 3Return to Blog
Metro is hosting special reduced fare registration events for older adults in May at eight area Schnucks stores in St. Louis County.
These events are an easy and convenient way for senior citizens to sign up for a Senior Reduced Fare Permit so they can save money and take advantage of half-price tickets on the Metro transit system to travel around the region.
Eligible older adults, age 65 and older, can sign up for the Senior Reduced Fare Permit or renew their expired permits on the following dates and times at these Schnucks locations:
- Tuesday, May 3: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Webster Groves at 8650 Big Bend Blvd., 63119
- Thursday, May 5: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Cool Valley at 1225 S. Florissant Road, 63121
- Tuesday, May 10: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Telegraph at 5519 Oakville Shopping Center, 63129
- Thursday, May 12: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Kirkwood at 10233 Manchester Road, 63122
- Tuesday, May 17: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Westfall Plaza at 8037 W. Florissant Ave., 63136
- Thursday, May 19: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Ladue at 8853 Ladue Road, 63124
- Tuesday, May 24: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Bridgeton at 11253 St. Charles Rock Road, 63044
- Thursday, May 26: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Shackelford at 1160 Shackelford Road, 63031
The Senior Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and older adults are required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro will take a photo and permits will be issued on site. The permits are valid for five years.
Senior Reduced Fare Permits can also be obtained at the MetroStore, located at 701 Convention Plaza at the corner of 7th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the #99 Downtown Trolley.
Representatives of senior organizations or independent living retirement communities may call 314-982-1455 to request a sign-up event at their facility.
6 thoughts on “Metro Senior Sign-Up Events Start May 3”
Great idea. Is there a reason why NONE of these great events are taking place at a store in St Louis City?
You beat me to it, Frank. Thanks!
Frank and Serbella, in the past, we usually do two Senior Sign-Up Events per year. This first round includes Schnucks locations in St. Louis County. The second senior sign-up event later this year will include Schnucks in the city. The good news is, you don’t have to wait until a senior sign up event occurs. You can register for your reduced fare at the MetroStore downtown or at the Transit Access Center near the Forest Park-DeBalivere MetroLink Station.
Did I miss a elevator yesterday when I got off at the civic center to catch #10 bus? The stairs had no handles on the first couple of steps. The steps were huge and I was out off breath before I got to the top.Are they planning one? I hope I just missed it. Thank you.
Jennifer, there are no plans at this time to install an elevator at the Civic Center Transit Center. A ramp is available to riders if you choose not to use the stairs.