Metro Senior Sign-Up Events Start October 4Return to Blog
Metro is hosting special reduced fare registration events for older adults in October at eight area Schnucks stores.
These events are an easy and convenient way to sign up for a Senior Reduced Fare Permit so you can save money and take advantage of half-price fares on the Metro transit system.
Eligible older adults, age 65 and older, can sign up for the Senior Reduced Fare Permit or renew their expired permits on the following dates and times at these Schnucks locations:
- Tuesday, October 4: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Creve Coeur at 10650 Olive Blvd., 63141
- Thursday, October 6: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Butler Hill at 4333 Butler Hill Road, 63128
- Tuesday, October 11: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Florissant at 8200 N. Lindbergh, 63031
- Thursday, October 13: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Gravois at 7450 Hampton Avenue, 63109
- Tuesday, October 18: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Chesterfield at 141 Hilltown Village Center, 63017
- Thursday, October 20: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Eureka Pointe at 257 East 5th Street, 63025
- Tuesday, October 25: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Cross Keys at 13987 New Halls Ferry Road, 63033
- Thursday, October 27: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks South City at 3430 South Grand Blvd., 63118
The Senior Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and you’re required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro will take a photo and permits will be issued on site.
Senior Reduced Fare Permits can also be obtained at the MetroStore, located at 701 Convention Plaza at the corner of 7th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the #99 Downtown Trolley.
Representatives of senior organizations or independent living retirement communities may call 314-982-1455 to request a sign-up event at their facility.