MetroBus Service Plan Proposed for North County Transit CenterReturn to Blog
Metro transit passengers and the public are invited to learn more about the new North County Transit Center and provide feedback on a new MetroBus service plan proposed for North St. Louis County at four upcoming informal meetings.
The new transit center is located at 3140 Pershall Road between West Florissant Avenue and New Halls Ferry Road in Ferguson, Mo., and is scheduled to open next spring.
Using research, customer data and passenger feedback from previous public meetings, Metro has created a new service plan for MetroBus routes in North St. Louis County, which willbecome effective following the opening of the North County Transit Center next year. The open-house style meetings will provide Metro commuters with an opportunity to provide their feedback on the proposed service plan, and riders will be able to interact with Metro employees and discuss how the new plan will fit their transit needs.
Public Information Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday, Nov. 10
- 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Riverview Transit Center, 9021 Riverview Drive, St. Louis, MO 63137
- Served by MetroBus Routes: #16, #27, #36, #36X, #40, #41, #61, #75 and #90
- Wednesday, Nov. 11
- 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- North Hanley Transit Center, 4398 Hanley Road., Berkeley, MO 63134
- Served by Metro: MetroLink, #4, #34, #35, #36, 36X, #44, #45, #47, #49, #61, #75 and #98
- Thursday, Nov. 12
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- St. Louis Community College – Florissant Valley, 3400 Pershall Road., St. Louis, MO 63135 (Student Center Multi-Purpose Room)
- Served by MetroBus routes: #36, #36X, #44, #45, #74 and #75
- Tuesday, Nov. 17
- 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Trinity Catholic High School, 1720 Redman Road, St. Louis, MO 63138 (Library)
- Served by MetroBus routes: #36, #36X
Metro successfully competed for federal funding to plan and build the North County Transit Center. The new MetroBus facility will feature an indoor passenger waiting area, public restrooms, concessions, and a free Park-Ride lot.
The new Metro transit hub will transform bus service in North St. Louis County by providing connections to more destinations, faster transfers, more direct and frequent service, and enhanced passenger amenities. North St. Louis County is one of Metro’s fastest growing public transit markets, accounting for 19 percent of total MetroBus and MetroLink ridership.
Click the image below to access the proposed MetroBus service plan (.pdf).
We’re interested in your thoughts and comments about the North County Transit Center and the new MetroBus service plan proposed for North St. Louis County. Click here to provide your feedback.