MetroLink Work Continues This Week: Passengers Should Allow Extra Time for Commutes
- College MetroLink Station
- Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station
- Grand MetroLink Station
- Delmar MetroLink Station
Trains will not operate in Illinois between the College and Shiloh-Scott Stations from 8 p.m. until the end of service November 5 through November 8 & November 11, (Monday-Thursday, and Sunday) to accommodate ongoing track work. The St. Clair County Transit District will transport Red Line MetroLink customers by MetroBus from the College MetroLink Station to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. Westbound passengers should allow for 20 to 25 minute delays and eastbound passengers should expect 5 to 10 minute delays.
- Westbound Red Line passengers from Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station will need to board a shuttle bus to travel to the College MetroLink Station. From there, they can board a train to continue west. They should allow an extra 20 to 25 minutes for their commutes.
- Eastbound Red Line passengers will exit the train at the College MetroLink Station and board a shuttle bus to continue their trip to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. They may experience 5 to 10 minute delays during the bus shuttle operation. Blue Line service will not be impacted.
MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Grand MetroLink Station from 8 p.m. until the end of service November 5 through November 8 (Monday – Thursday) so crews can conduct track maintenance. Blue Line trains will ONLY operate between the Shrewsbury MetroLink Station and the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. Blue Line passengers may experience 10 minute delays and Red Line passengers may encounter up to 5 to 10 minute delays.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to transfer to a Blue Line train.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Central West End Station to the Fairview Heights Station should board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to continue eastbound.
MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Delmar MetroLink Station from 8 p.m. until the end of service on Friday, November 9, and all day and all night on November 10 and November 11 (Saturday & Sunday) to accommodate rail maintenance and work at the Delmar Station. Red Line customers may encounter delays of up to 5 minutes. Blue Line service will not be affected by the work.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found on our website in the Rider Alert section.