MetroLink Work Continues This Week: Passengers Should Allow Extra Time for CommutesReturn to Blog
Work is scheduled at several locations on the MetroLink system this week and some passengers may experience delays in the work zones. The affected areas of the MetroLink system are:
- College MetroLink Station
- Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station
- Grand MetroLink Station
- Delmar MetroLink Station
Trains will not operate in Illinois between the College and Shiloh-Scott Stations from 8 p.m. until the end of service November 5 through November 8 & November 11, (Monday-Thursday, and Sunday) to accommodate ongoing track work. The St. Clair County Transit District will transport Red Line MetroLink customers by MetroBus from the College MetroLink Station to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. Westbound passengers should allow for 20 to 25 minute delays and eastbound passengers should expect 5 to 10 minute delays.
- Westbound Red Line passengers from Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station will need to board a shuttle bus to travel to the College MetroLink Station. From there, they can board a train to continue west. They should allow an extra 20 to 25 minutes for their commutes.
- Eastbound Red Line passengers will exit the train at the College MetroLink Station and board a shuttle bus to continue their trip to the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. They may experience 5 to 10 minute delays during the bus shuttle operation. Blue Line service will not be impacted.
MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Grand MetroLink Station from 8 p.m. until the end of service November 5 through November 8 (Monday – Thursday) so crews can conduct track maintenance. Blue Line trains will ONLY operate between the Shrewsbury MetroLink Station and the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. Blue Line passengers may experience 10 minute delays and Red Line passengers may encounter up to 5 to 10 minute delays.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to transfer to a Blue Line train.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Central West End Station to the Fairview Heights Station should board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to continue eastbound.
MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Delmar MetroLink Station from 8 p.m. until the end of service on Friday, November 9, and all day and all night on November 10 and November 11 (Saturday & Sunday) to accommodate rail maintenance and work at the Delmar Station. Red Line customers may encounter delays of up to 5 minutes. Blue Line service will not be affected by the work.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found on our website in the Rider Alert section.