MetroLink Work Scheduled April 17-23Return to Blog
MetroLink riders should allow extra time for commutes next week as maintenance work may result in short delays for Red Line and Blue Line passengers as well as train transfers for some Blue Line riders.
During the morning and afternoon on Sunday, April 23, Blue Line MetroLink service will end at the Jackie-Joyner Kersee Center MetroLink Station, and Blue Line passengers will need to transfer to a Red Line train to continue their eastbound trips.
On Monday through Friday (April 17-21) from 8 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations so crews can perform track maintenance.
- Blue Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Red Line MetroLink service will not be impacted.
On Sunday (April 23) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center MetroLink Station to allow maintenance crews to work on the overhead catenary system.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Eastbound Blue Line MetroLink service will end at the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center Station during this single-track operation, and eastbound Blue Line passengers headed to the Washington Park or Fairview Heights Station will need to transfer to a Red Line train to continue their trips.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Fairview Heights or Washington Park Stations and travel to the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center Station to connect with a westbound Blue Line
- Passengers transferring between Blue Line and Red Line trains should allow an extra 10 minutes to their commutes.
1 thought on “MetroLink Work Scheduled April 17-23”