MetroLink Work Scheduled November 12-18
Update: MetroLink has cancelled its single-track operations at the Shrewbury-Lansdowne I-44, Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester Stations on Wednesday, Nov. 14. MetroLink trains will depart on schedule from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station.
Some Blue Line MetroLink trains will leave five minutes earlier than scheduled next week, and Red Line and Blue Line MetroLink riders may experience brief delays November 12 through November 18 to allow for work along the light rail system.
On Monday through Friday (November 12-16) from 8:00 p.m. to end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate work on the station’s platform extension project. Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Passengers should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line trains.
- Passengers transferring between MetroLink and MetroBus at the Central West End Station, please allow an extra 10 minutes due to the closure of the walkway.
On Tuesday and Thursday (November 13 and 15) from 8 p.m. to the end of service and all day on Saturday and Sunday (November 17 & 18), MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations to allow crews to perform track maintenance. This work will not affect Red Line service.
- Eastbound Blue Line trains will depart 5 minutes early from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44, Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester Stations. Eastbound Blue Line trains will operate on their normal schedule beginning at the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station.
- Westbound Blue Line MetroLink passengers traveling to the Maplewood-Manchester, Sunnen or Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Stations may experience delays of 5 minutes.