MetroLink Work Scheduled October 19-25Return to Blog
Updated (Oct. 22): Weekend construction was updated.
Maintenance work on the MetroLink system scheduled October 19-25 may result in brief delays for some Red Line and Blue Line MetroLink passengers.
To accommodate ongoing wooden rail tie replacement work, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Delmar Loop, Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Lambert Airport Terminal #2 MetroLink Stations this week. Passengers traveling to or from Lambert Airport this weekend may experience delays due to this maintenance work.
On Monday through Friday (October 19-23) from 8 p.m. until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Delmar Loop and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations.
- Passengers traveling in both directions will need to board MetroLink trains from the eastbound platform at the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station.
- Red Line and Blue Line passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
MetroLink passengers traveling to and from Lambert- St. Louis International Airport all day Saturday and early Sunday morning will need to plan ahead and allow an extra 30 minutes for their trips due to maintenance work on the light rail system.
In addition, eastbound Red Line passengers on the MetroLink system east of North Hanley may experience up to 5 minute delays during the same time.
On Saturday (October 24) from the beginning of service until end of service, and Sunday (October 25) from the beginning of service until 8 a.m., MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Lambert Airport Terminal #2 Station to accommodate ongoing wood rail tie replacement work. The new service plan is as follows:
- In order to maintain MetroLink service between the North Hanley Station and the Terminal #1 Station and the Terminal #2 Station and still accommodate the maintenance work, some westbound Red Line MetroLink passengers will continue on to the airport by train while others will be transferred from the train to shuttle vans to be transported from the North Hanley Station to the airport stations. Some westbound passengers will experience up to 15 minute delays for their trip to the airport. Metro employees will be at the North Hanley, Airport Terminal #1 and Terminal #2 Stations to assist passengers.
- Some eastbound Red Line passengers will experience up to 30 minute delays from the airport to the North Hanley Station on the train. Eastbound trains from Airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 Station will not be operating on the regular Saturday or regular Sunday (before 8 a.m.) schedules. Metro employees will be at the North Hanley, Airport Terminal #1 and Terminal #2 Stations to assist passengers.
- Blue Line service will not be impacted by this maintenance work.
The same MetroLink service plan will be in effect on two other upcoming weekends: Saturday, October 31, from the beginning of service until end of service, and on Sunday, November 1, from the beginning of service until 8 a.m., and on Saturday, November 14, from the beginning of service until end of service, and on Sunday, November 15, from the beginning of service until 8 a.m.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found on Rider Alerts.