MetroLink Work Scheduled October 5-10Return to Blog
You may need to allow some extra time for your evening MetroLink commutes this week due to construction and track maintenance work.
On Monday through Saturday (Oct. 5-10) from 8 p.m. to end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate construction work at the station.
During these periods, Blue Line MetroLink trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Passengers should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line.
On Monday through Friday (Oct. 5-9) from 8 p.m. to end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the College and Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Stations for track maintenance. During these periods:
- Eastbound passengers traveling to the Shiloh-Scott Station will need to exit their train at College Station and board a Shuttle Train to continue their trip to the Shiloh-Scott Station. Eastbound passengers traveling from College Station to Shiloh-Scott Station may encounter delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Westbound passengers at the Shiloh-Scott Station will need to board a Shuttle Train and ride to College Station, where they can then board a westbound Red Line Passengers traveling from the Shiloh-Scott Station to College Station may encounter delays of up to 20 minutes.
- Blue Line MetroLink service will not be impacted.
- Passengers who normally park at the Shiloh-Scott Station are encouraged to park at College Station on the affected dates to avoid delays after 8 p.m.
For more information on service updates, check out the Rider Alerts page or contact contact Metro Transit Information at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text), Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2 thoughts on “MetroLink Work Scheduled October 5-10”
You been testing the gateway card for over 6 years now and I’m disappointed Metro has not released it. Are you working on this or has it been a failure for taxpayers in St Louis funding the gateway card.
The Gateway Card is currently available – please contact the MetroStore at 314-982-1495 and they can have one mailed to you, and help answer any questions on how to use it.