MetroLink Work Scheduled September 10-16
UPDATE: MetroLink will operate on a single track on Sunday, September 16 from 8 p.m. to the end of service, at the University City-Big Bend and Skinker MetroLink Stations to allow work on the tunnel ventilation system. Blue Line passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
Also, previously scheduled single-track operations at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations have been cancelled.
Some MetroLink riders may need to allow a little extra time for their evening commutes September 10 through September 13 as work on the light rail system may result in delays for Red Line and Blue Line passengers.
On Monday through Thursday (September 10-13) from 8 p.m. to the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate work on the station’s platform extension project, and Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Riders should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line
- Riders transferring between MetroLink and MetroBus at the Central West End Station, please allow an extra 10 minutes due to the closure of the walkway.
Updates on Metro Transit operations can be found at metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section, on Twitter at @STLMetro and on Facebook at St. Louis Metro Transit.
For more information, contact Metro Transit Information by calling 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345 or texting 314-207-9786, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Metro riders can also text Metro Transit Public Safety directly at 314-300-0188, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.