MetroLink Work Scheduled September 28 – October 4Return to Blog
MetroLink riders are encouraged to allow extra time for their commutes next week as maintenance work on the MetroLink system may result in delays for some Red Line and Blue Line passengers. To accommodate crews replacing wooden rail ties and making repairs to tunnels in downtown St. Louis, MetroLink will operate on a single track at several stations next week, and Blue Line MetroLink trains will not serve all Blue Line stations next weekend.
The following MetroLink stations will be impacted by next week’s light rail maintenance work:
Monday through Friday evenings only:
- North Hanley MetroLink Station
- UMSL North MetroLink Station
- UMSL South MetroLink Station
All day Saturday and Sunday:
- Stadium MetroLink Station
- 8th & Pine MetroLink Station
- Convention Center MetroLink Station
- Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Station
On Monday through Friday (September 28 – October 2) from 8 p.m. until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the North Hanley, UMSL North and UMSL South MetroLink Stations.
- Red Line passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes during this single-track operation.
- Blue Line service will not be impacted.
On Saturday and Sunday (October 3 & 4) from the beginning of service until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Stadium, 8th & Pine, Convention Center and Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Stations, and Blue Line MetroLink trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations.
- Passengers traveling in both directions will need to board MetroLink trains from the eastbound platform of the Stadium, 8th & Pine, Convention Center and Laclede’s Landing Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to connect with a westbound Blue Line
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers should board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Blue Line and Red Line passengers may experience delays of 10 to 15 minutes during this single-track operation.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found on Rider Alerts.
1 thought on “MetroLink Work Scheduled September 28 – October 4”