September 11, 2009 | 2 Comments
MetroLinks for 9/11/09
Here are some interesting transit-related links to ponder on this humid, end-of-summer Friday:
- Via KC Light Rail, Kansas City broke ground on a new Bus Rapid Transit line yesterday.
- ClimateBiz Blog discusses the return on investment for TOD.
- Pointer’s Market opened up in the Benton Park neighborhood.
- The Post-Dispatch Book Blog reports on the start of Metro’s Poetry in Motion contest!
- MIT students have discovered the true molecular structure of concrete, which will lead to advances in concrete strength.
- The Urbanophile ponders a city’s “sphere of influence” and marvels at the size of St. Louis’s.
- Reader and UrbanReviewSTL contributor Jim Zavist sent along a link to this website documenting the “once vital, now abandoned Rochester (NY) subway” system.
- Portland begins an experiment in cycling safety with their new CycleTrack program.
You may have also noticed our new color scheme – a somewhat more subdued blue. What do you think?