No Westbound Elevator Access at 8th & Pine MetroLink Station Starting May 4Return to Blog
If you are traveling on MetroLink to or from the 8th & Pine MetroLink Station and use a wheelchair or mobility device, you may need to make adjustments to your commute for the next few months.
An escalator rehabilitation project will begin on Tuesday, May 4, at the 8th & Pine Station. The station’s elevator will remain in service, however due to construction, the accessible pathway near Pine Street will be closed. It will be necessary for riders to use stairs, located near Chestnut Street, when entering or leaving the westbound side of the 8th & Pine Station.
The escalator rehabilitation is expected to take three months to complete. During this period, if you are unable to use stairs, here are options to navigate around the construction work:
- Consider using alternative MetroLink stations in downtown St. Louis for your trip
- If you are heading on a westbound train to the 8th & Pine Station:
- Remain on your westbound train and continue to the Civic Center MetroLink Station
- When you arrive at the Civic Center Station, cross the platform and board an eastbound train
- Travel eastbound to the 8th & Pine Station to reach the elevator on the eastbound platform
- If your westbound trip begins at the 8th & Pine Station:
- Use the elevator for the eastbound platform and board an eastbound train to the Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Station
- When you arrive at the Laclede’s Landing Station, cross the platform and board a westbound train to complete your trip
- Consider using Metro Call‑A‑Ride for your commute – contact 314-982-1505 for more information
For additional information or assistance, contact Metro Transit Information at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text), available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also use the Passenger Assist Telephone for assistance, which are located at all MetroLink stations.