TripFinder Back for Limited Time On Metrostlouis.org
We heard you loud and clear: Many people expressed frustration in the change from TripFinder to Google Transit as Metro’s trip-planning software. We know there are a lot of Google Transit fans out there as well, but some of you were more comfortable with TripFinder or preferred some of its features. So for a limited time, TripFinder will be available online for Metro Transit online trip planning.
However, TripFinder will be phased out. We’ve decided to embrace Google Transit in the future for several reasons, including Google’s free licensing policy, its visual schematic, its ease of integration with other online applications (you can post it to your blog, e-mail, etc.) and its use on mobile phones. But we want to make the transition as smooth as possible. Some differences do exist between TripFinder and Google Transit as trip planning applications, and there are positive and negative aspects to both. We will, however, use all of the feedback that you have provided on the blog and to Customer Service to create a series of tutorials on the use and features of Google Transit to help make this transition easier and more convenient. But in the meantime, we want our riders to be able to find their way on transit.
Steps Moving Forward
1. TripFinder link will be available on home page of www.metrostlouis.org.
2. Communications, Customer Service and IT will create a list of complaints and concerns regarding the use of Google Transit.
3. Nextstop will present a list of uses and features to highlight during tutorials for readers’ review and comment.
4. Online video and written tutorials will be created and placed online.
5. Tutorials will be open to feedback and review.
6. TripFinder will be phased out within several months. We will keep you posted on the exact date.
We suggest trying to use both trip planning applications to compare and learn, and please continue to give us feedback. Look for tutorials on how to use Google Transit and its applications in the near future!