Vice President Biden Visit To Impact Gateway ArchReturn to Blog
Vice President Joe Biden plans to visit the Gateway Arch grounds this afternoon along with Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell. Their visit is expected to cause minor detours for visitors.
Biden and Jewell will be in town to visit the renovation work at the Gateway Arch grounds. Biden is also expected to talk about the economy.
The Gateway Arch and the Old Courthouse will remain open throughout the day; however, some aspects of the visitor experience will be altered for the day.
If you’re heading to the Arch today, please enter the Arch grounds only from the north through the pedestrian walkway via the Pine Street ramp, or through the Arch Parking Garage on Washington Avenue.
Here are other changes to be aware of:
- Pedestrian access on Walnut Street will be closed.
- Gateway Arch Parking Garage will remain open
- The Grand Staircase will be closed.
- The Gateway Arch Riverboats will offer sightseeing cruises at 10:30 a.m. and noon.
- The 1:30 pm sightseeing cruise is cancelled.
- The ArchView Café, located on the dock of the Gateway Arch Riverboats, will be closed.
At this time, we do not know how their visit will impact our MetroBus routes. For security reasons, specific information about their routes were not released publicly prior to the visit. It is possible there could be delays.