On The Way With ADA
Save Money, Ride More
Metro Transit is excited to introduce On The Way With ADA, a new pilot program for ADA paratransit riders, which allows you to ride MetroLink and MetroBus for free! Through the program, qualified ADA paratransit customers can receive a special On The Way With ADA Gateway Card preloaded to provide free rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
On The Way With ADA | Program Details
- The On The Way With ADA pilot program runs from June 21 through December 17, 2021.
- On The Way With ADA is only eligible for qualified ADA paratransit riders.
- If you have a ADA Paratransit card, you are eligible for the On The Way With ADA program
- To see if you are eligible, contact ADA Services at 314-982-1510 or ADAServices@metrostlouis.org.
- All On The Way With ADA Gateway Cards are assigned to a specific transit rider. The card can only be used by the assigned rider.
- The On The Way With ADA card is not eligible for discounts on Metro Call-A-Ride.
- If you received an ADA Paratransit Gateway Card before June 1, 2021, call us at 314-982-1510. You received your card before the On The Way With ADA program and it is not currently loaded to provide free MetroLink or MetroBus rides.
How to Use Your On The Way With ADA Gateway Card
Your On The Way With ADA Gateway Card is preloaded for free rides on MetroBus and MetroLink. If you have not received your On The Way With ADA Gateway Card, you may request a card or check on its status by contacting the ADA Services department at 314-982-1510 or ADAServices@metrostlouis.org.
When boarding your bus, tap and hold your Gateway Card to the farebox. The farebox will produce a visual indication and an audible sound to let you know when it has successfully read your card. Ask your MetroBus operator if you need any assistance.
Before boarding your MetroLink train, tap and hold your Gateway Card to the red ticket validators located on or near all MetroLink platforms. The validator will flash green and make an audible sound when it has successfully read your card.
New to MetroLink or MetroBus? We Can Help.
Metro offers travel training to individuals with disabilities who want to use MetroBus and MetroLink, but would like to get familiar and more comfortable with the transit system before they start using the bus or the train. Travel training can help you gain more independence, with better access to employment opportunities and community activities.
For more information about our Travel Training Program, call us at 314-982-1510.
Plan Your Metro Transit Trip
Ready to travel? There are a number of resources available to help you plan your Metro Transit trip.
- Use our online Trip Planner or check out MetroLink and MetroBus schedules on the website.
- Download the Transit app to your mobile device. The Transit app lets you plan your trip, check train and bus schedules, and see the real-time status of your bus – all from your mobile device. Click here for more information.
- Contact Metro Transit Information. Our transit experts are available to answer your questions and provide you with a customized trip plan to help you get where you need to go. Metro Transit Information is available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday:
- Call: 314-231-2345
- Text: 314-207-9786
- Webchat: Click the red chat icon in the lower right of this page