The smartest new way to get around.
UPDATE – 12/14/20: Via Metro STL service in South St. Louis County has been extended to 10 p.m.
Metro Transit has partnered with Via to introduce a new on-demand transit service that offers you an affordable and convenient way to get around parts of South and North St. Louis County.
Called Via Metro STL, this new service lets you hail a vehicle directly from your smartphone using the Via app, and travel to any location within the service area during operating hours.
Riders are not restricted to having trips connect to Metro Transit — you can use the Via Metro STL service to get from your home directly to the grocery store, or anywhere else in the service areas shown below.
Via Metro STL is a shared-ride service, and Via’s advanced technology seamlessly matches passengers headed in the same direction to provide quick and efficient trips, without lengthy detours or inconvenient schedules.
Traveling in St. Clair County? St. Clair County Transit District recently launched SCCTD VanGo, an on-demand transit option providing service to riders in Mascoutah and Lebanon, including the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station. More details below.
Try it FREE for a limited time!
- Rides are currently free! Standard pricing will begin in early 2021.
- Only $2 per ride once standard pricing begins, and just $3 a ride for Via and MetroBus or MetroLink (if you use both for your commute)
- Book a ride with the Via app or call 636.251.3328
How to Ride
- Create an account. Download Via from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple sign-up steps. If you don’t have a smartphone, please call 636.251.3328 to set up your ride.
- Request a ride. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
- Meet your driver. Check the app and walk a short distance to your pick up spot.
- Get where you need to go.
- Masks are required for all Via Metro STL passengers and drivers.
- If you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle for your Via ride, be sure to toggle on the “Wheelchair Accessible” option in your account profile. If you need any assistance, please call 636.251.3328.
Check out our recent test drive to see how easy riding Via Metro STL is!
South St. Louis County – Fenton/Valley Park Area
Service is offered in this area seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station is included in this area for easy access to the Metro system.
North St. Louis County
Service will be available in this area seven days a week from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Via Metro STL service is being offered in North St. Louis County at these times to provide convenient options during off-peak hours when bus service is limited or has ended. The Riverview Transit Center is included in this service area.
Download Via now to get started
St. Clair County
St. Clair County Transit District’s SCCTD VanGo works just like Via Metro STL — book a trip using the app (or call in) and you’ll get picked up in minutes at a corner a short walk from the address you entered. You’ll then be matched with other passengers heading in the same direction.
You can book a ride between 5 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday anywhere within the service zone shown below.
Download the SCCTD VanGo app to get started. All rides are FREE through November! After that, rides cost $3 per ride, and you can bring an extra person along for $1.50. Rides to/from the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station will only cost $1.
Get more information here: scctd.org/vango
Bringing Your Bike
Combining your commute with our area’s network of trails and bike-friendly roads? Simply request 2 seats when booking your ride.
You can learn about bringing your bike on MetroBus and MetroLink here.
These new options for riders are in addition to our Lyft program, that offers $1 rides to connect with a Metro Transit Center or MetroBus stop.