The smartest new way to get around.
Metro Transit has partnered with Via to introduce a new on-demand transit service that offers you an affordable and convenient way to get around parts of South and North St. Louis County.
Called Via Metro STL, this new service lets you hail a vehicle directly from your smartphone using the Via app, and travel to any location within the service area during operating hours.
Riders are not restricted to having trips connect to Metro Transit — you can use the Via Metro STL service to get from your home directly to the grocery store, or anywhere else in the service areas shown below.
Via Metro STL is a shared-ride service, and Via’s advanced technology seamlessly matches passengers headed in the same direction to provide quick and efficient trips, without lengthy detours or inconvenient schedules.
Try it FREE for a limited time!
- Rides are free through the end of September
- Only $2 per ride starting in October
- Book a ride with the Via app or call 636.251.3328
How to Ride
- Create an account. Download Via from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple sign-up steps. If you don’t have a smartphone, call 636.251.3328 to set up your ride. For riders who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle, call 314.982.1505 to book your ride.
- Request a ride. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
- Meet your driver. Check the app and walk a short distance to your pick up spot.
- Get where you need to go.
- Masks are required for all Via Metro STL passengers and drivers.
Check out our recent test drive to see how easy riding Via Metro STL is!
South St. Louis County – Fenton/Valley Park Area
Service is offered in this area seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station is included in this area for easy access to the Metro system.
North St. Louis County
Service will be available in this area seven days a week from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Via Metro STL service is being offered in North St. Louis County at these times to provide convenient options during off-peak hours when bus service is limited or has ended. The Riverview Transit Center is included in this service area.
Download Via now to get started
This new option for riders is in addition to our Lyft program, that offers $1 rides to connect with a Metro Transit Center or MetroBus stop.