Get 5 Free Rides with Via Metro STL!
Use promo code STLRIDES5
Transit When You Need It
Metro Transit has partnered with Via to introduce a new on-demand transit service that offers you an affordable and convenient way to get around parts of South and North St. Louis County. Called Via Metro STL, this new service lets you hail a vehicle directly from your smartphone using the Via app, and travel to any location within the service area during operating hours.
Riders are not restricted to having trips connect to Metro Transit — you can use the Via Metro STL service to get from your home directly to the grocery store, or anywhere else in the service areas shown below. Via Metro STL is a shared-ride service, and Via’s advanced technology seamlessly matches passengers headed in the same direction to provide quick and efficient trips, without lengthy detours or inconvenient schedules.
Via Metro STL is now available on Transit, the official app of Metro Transit. When you enter a destination in Transit, it will suggest trip plans that feature Via Metro STL service, either for point-to-point trips or in combination with MetroLink and MetroBus options. With just one tap, you can seamlessly connect to Via Metro STL and request a ride from the Transit app.
Book a ride using the Via app or call 636.251.3328.
How to Ride
• Create an account. Download Via from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple sign-up steps. If you don’t have a smartphone, please call 636.251.3328 to set up your ride.
• Set up a payment method in the Via app. You can now get 5 Free Rides with Via Metro STL! Use promo code STLRIDES5.
• Request a ride. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
• Meet your driver. Check the app and walk a short distance to your pick up spot.
• Get where you need to go.
Masks are required for all Via Metro STL passengers and drivers. If you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle for your Via ride, be sure to toggle on the “Wheelchair Accessible” option in your account profile. If you need any assistance, please call 636.251.3328.
Check out our test drive to see how easy riding Via Metro STL is!
Fares: One Ride = $2
• A single trip on Via Metro STL is just $2, which allows you to travel between any two locations within the service area.
• Have a monthly or weekly Metro pass? Mark your payment method in Via Metro STL as “Metro STL Transit Ticket” and show your driver when you get in the car – there is no extra charge to ride.
• Receive a discount when you combine Via Metro STL and Metro Transit:
Transfer from Via Metro STL to MetroBus/MetroLink: When requesting your ride, select the $3 transfer option on the Via app. You will receive a valid Two-Hour Transfer Pass in your Via app inbox or SMS text, which can be used on MetroBus or MetroLink by displaying your pass to the MetroBus operator or MetroLink fare inspector.
Transfer from MetroBus/MetroLink to Via Metro STL: Before scheduling your Via Metro STL trip, select ‘Metro STL Transfer Ticket’ in the Payment Methods page of the Via app. When you are boarding Via Metro STL, display your valid Metro Weekly Pass, Monthly Pass, or a Mobile Two-Hour Pass available on the Transit app, and enjoy your ride. Note: If you are transferring from MetroBus to Via Metro STL with a $1 one-ride ticket, you will need to pay the $2 standard price for your Via trip.
Bringing Your Bike
Combining your commute with our area’s network of trails and bike-friendly roads? Simply request 2 seats when booking your ride.
You can learn about bringing your bike on MetroBus and MetroLink here.
These new options for riders are in addition to our Lyft program, that offers $1 rides to connect with a Metro Transit Center or MetroBus stop.