Beginning Monday, March 23, Metro will begin operating a modified weekend service schedule on weekdays. These service adjustments will allow maintenance teams to increase the frequency of enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of Metro vehicles, and help minimize the spread of COVID-19 through the community.
Metro is shifting its available personnel and transit vehicles in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Beginning Monday, March 30, Metro Transit will temporarily suspend service on four Missouri MetroBus routes: #1 Gold | #5 Green | #17 Mackenzie | #59 Oakland.
– MetroLink will operate on normal weekend schedules on weekdays.
– MetroBus routes will operate on Saturday schedules on weekdays, with the exception being routes that currently do not operate on Saturdays and Express routes in Missouri (see below.)
– Several MetroBus routes that currently do not operate on Saturdays will operate their normal weekday schedule on weekdays. These routes include the #101 Fenton Connector (MO); #14 Memorial Hospital-Westfield Plaza (IL); #15 Belleville-O’Fallon (IL); #17 Carlyle Plaza-17th Street (IL); #21 Scott AFB-Main Base Shuttle (IL); #21X Scott AFB-East Base Shuttle (IL).
– Service on Express MetroBus routes in Missouri is temporarily suspended. The #57X Clayton Road, #58X Twin Oaks Express, #73X I-55 Express, #79X North County Express, and #410 Eureka Express routes will be out of service until further notice.
– The #174X Halls Ferry Express will operate on a Saturday schedule on weekdays. It will provide service between the North County and North Broadway Transit Centers.
– An eastbound 6:02 a.m. trip from the Fairview Heights MetroLink Station has been added to the modified weekday schedule of the #12 O’Fallon-Fairview Heights bus route. This trip will not appear on schedules. It’s being added to serve employees commuting to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.
– Metro Call-A-Ride will operate the same span of service and the same geographic area it currently operates on weekdays
The MetroBus and MetroLink Schedule pages on the website have been updated. The schedule that is displaying as the ‘Weekday’ schedule is the current schedule buses and trains are operating. If a route is not displaying a schedule, it is temporarily out of service.
Transit app has also been updated with the new schedules, and you are able to use the mobile app for trip-planning, schedules and real-time information.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Metro Transit Information.
Questions? Contact Metro Transit Information:
Click the red chat icon in the lower right corner (WEBCHAT)
7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday