Statistics and information from Fiscal Year 2019
Total Passenger Boardings: 36,642,200
Total Revenue Miles: 26,910,221
- 87 MetroLink vehicles
- 408 MetroBus vehicles
- 15 60-foot articulated buses
- 107 35-foot buses
- 287 40-foot buses
- 126 Metro Call-A-Ride vans
- 46 miles of light rail
- 38 MetroLink stations
- 27 stations in Missouri
- 11 stations in Illinois
- Two MetroLink lines
- Red Line – Operates from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to Scott Air Force Base
- Blue Line – Operates from Shrewsbury, Mo. to Fairview Heights, Ill.
- 98% on-time performance
- 13,150,900 boardings in FY2019
- 77 MetroBus routes
- 57 Missouri routes
- 20 Illinois routes
- 93% on-time performance
- 24,500 revenue miles between road calls
- 22,968,000 boardings in FY2019
- 523,300 annual passenger boardings
- 95.5% on-time performance
- 41,400 revenue miles between road calls
Metro Transit Facts
- Based on passenger surveys, 84 percent of Metro transit riders use the system to get to work, and 20 percent to get to school.
- Studies show that every $1 invested in public transportation produces approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Since 2011, more than $9.2 billion in commercial development has been completed or is currently under construction within a half-mile radius of MetroLink stations.