Statistics and information from Fiscal Year 2019
Total Passenger Boardings: 17,385,730
Total Revenue Miles: 20,204,456
- 87 MetroLink vehicles
- 408 MetroBus vehicles
- 15 60-foot articulated buses
- 107 35-foot buses
- 287 40-foot buses
- 126 Metro Call-A-Ride vans
- 46 miles of light rail
- 38 MetroLink stations
- 27 stations in Missouri
- 11 stations in Illinois
- Two MetroLink lines
- Red Line – Operates from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to Scott Air Force Base
- Blue Line – Operates from Shrewsbury, Mo. to Fairview Heights, Ill.
- 98% on-time performance
- 5,471,900 boardings in FY2021
- 59 MetroBus routes
- 47 Missouri routes
- 12 Illinois routes
- 93% on-time performance
- 11,984,941 revenue miles in FY2021
- 11,498,907 boardings in FY2021
- 411,400 passenger boardings in FY2021
- 95.5% on-time performance
- 3,515,063 revenue miles in FY2021
Metro Transit Facts
- Based on passenger surveys, 84 percent of Metro transit riders use the system to get to work, and 20 percent to get to school.
- Studies show that every $1 invested in public transportation produces approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Since 2011, more than $9.2 billion in commercial development has been completed or is currently under construction within a half-mile radius of MetroLink stations.