For Fiscal Year 2017
Total Passenger Boardings: 40,998,779
Total Revenue Miles: 26,910,221
- 87 MetroLink vehicles
- 405 MetroBus vehicles
- 15 60-foot articulated buses
- 107 35-foot buses
- 283 40-foot buses
- 122 Metro Call-A-Ride vans
- 46 miles of light rail
- 37 MetroLink stations
- 26 stations in Missouri
- 11 stations in Illinois
- Two MetroLink lines
- Red Line – Operates from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to Scott Air Force Base
- Blue Line – Operates from Shrewsbury, Mo. to Fairview Heights, Ill.
- 97.6% on-time performance
- 83 MetroBus routes
- 65 Missouri routes
- 18 Illinois routes
- 92.2% on-time performance
- 19,842 revenue miles between road calls
- 550,694 annual passenger boardings
- 92% on-time performance
- 43,392 revenue miles between road calls
Metro Transit Facts
- Based on passenger surveys, 75 percent of Metro transit riders use the system to get to work, and 20 percent to get to school.
- Studies show that every $1 invested in public transportation produces approximately $4 in economic returns.
- Since 2011, more than $6.4 billion in commercial development has been completed or is currently under construction within a half-mile radius of MetroLink stations.