Take Metro Transit to Special Events This MonthReturn to Blog
Labor Day may mark the unofficial end of summer, but there are still plenty of events to look forward to this month. The St. Louis region offers a variety of activities and events and Metro Transit makes it easy and convenient to attend.
With our new $5 Day Pass, you can enjoy unlimited rides on MetroBus and MetroLink for an entire day – at one great low price.
Check out the roundup of local events below, and download the Transit app to help you plan your trip, track your ride and pay your fare. Several MetroBus routes will be detoured during the special events due to street closures but we will get you as close as we can to the event venue.
- The Saint Louis Art Fair Foundation is a nationally juried fine art and fine craft show consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top fine art fairs. Each year the Saint Louis Art Fair is held in the streets of Clayton offering art, music and food.
- A celebration of St. Louis’s rich and diverse musical heritage. From Jazz to Blues, Soul to Hip Hop, and everything in between this festival will highlight over 60 acts on six world-renowned stages over three days throughout Grand Center’s Arts District.
- Delmar Boulevard is the location of the 2-day outdoor Loop in Motion street festival! The street will be closed to allow for pedestrians only Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Live Music, Beer Garden, Chalk the Loop, Fashion Show, Sidewalk Sales, Prize Wheel, Street Performers, and more.
Origami in the Garden at the Missouri Botanical Garden – 9/10-9/30
MetroBus Routes: #8 Shaw-Cherokee, #95 Kingshighway
- Origami in the Garden brings 18 awe-inspiring large-scale sculptures to Garden grounds, including a majestic tower of 1000 cranes, flying birds, painted ponies, emerging butterflies, floating boats, and more. Origami in the Garden is included with Garden admission and viewable 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
Harry Styles Concert at Enterprise Center – 9/15 at 8 p.m.
MetroLink: Civic Center Transit Center
MetroBus Routes: #4 Natural Bridge, #10 Gravois-Lindell, #11 Chippewa, #19 St. Louis Ave., #30 Arsenal, #31 Chouteau, #32 Dr. ML King, #40 N Broadway, #41 Lee, #73 Carondelet, #74 Florissant, #94 Page, #97 Delmar, 174X Halls Ferry Express
- Harry Styles, originally scheduled for July 21 at the Enterprise Center, is rescheduled for September 15.
Great Forest Park Balloon Glow and Race in Forest Park – 9/17-9/18
MetroLink: Central West End Transit Center
MetroBus Routes: #1 Gold, #8 Shaw-Cherokee, #10 Gravois-Lindell, #13 Union, #18 Taylor, #42 Sarah, #59 Oakland, #90 Hampton, #95 Kingshighway
- The Great Forest Park Balloon Race, presented by PNC Bank, returns to Forest Park next weekend, Sept. 17-18. The recently renovated 30-acre Emerson Central Fields in Forest Park will provide an ideal setting for bringing families and friends together for the 49th annual event. The Central West End Transit Center is a little over a half mile from Central Fields.
Blake Shelton Concert at Enterprise Center – 9/23 at 7 p.m.
MetroLink: Civic Center Transit Center
MetroBus Routes: MetroBus Routes – #4 Natural Bridge, #10 Gravois-Lindell, #11 Chippewa, #19 St. Louis Ave., #30 Arsenal, #31 Chouteau, #32 Dr. ML King, #40 North Broadway, #41 Lee, #73 Carondelet, #74 Florissant, #94 Page, #97 Delmar, 174X Halls Ferry Express
- Blake Shelton’s Friends and Heroes Tour comes to St. Louis on September 23. See Blake with special appearances by Martina McBride, Tracy Byrd, and Trace Adkins and very special guest Lindsay Ell.
- This event features 25 of St. Louis’ most diverse, brick-and-mortar restaurants at Ballpark Village, live music and more.
- The Rolling Stones are bringing the 2021 No Filter Tour to The Dome at America’s Center on Sunday, September 26.
Bill Burr performing at The Fabulous Fox Theatre – 9/29-9/30 at 7 p.m.
MetroBus Routes: #10 Gravois-Lindell, #70 Grand, #97 Delmar
- Bill Burr, one of the top comedic voices of his generation achieving success in TV and film as well as on stage, performs at the Fox Theatre on September 29 and 30.
Masks Are Required on Metro Transit
Per a federal mandate from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), masks are required while riding MetroBus, MetroLink and Metro Call‑A‑Ride, and while at MetroLink stations and Metro Transit Centers.
Plan Your Trip
To plan your trip to any of these great local events, use our online Trip Planner or download the Transit app to plan your trip and pay your fare, or contact Metro Transit Information at 314.231.2345 (phone) or 314.207.9786 (text), available 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.