Metro Launches New On-Demand Service: Via Metro STL
Metro Transit is partnering with Via to launch a new on-demand transit service for the St. Louis region on Monday, June 29. The new service, called Via Metro STL, will be introduced in two areas – in southwest St. Louis County including Fenton and Valley Park, and in North St. Louis County.
This new service allows you to hail a vehicle directly from your smartphone using the Via app, and travel to any location within the service area during operating hours.
You will not be restricted to having trips connect to Metro Transit — you can use the Via Metro STL service to get from your home directly to the grocery store, or anywhere else in the service areas shown below.
Via Metro STL is a shared-ride service, and Via’s advanced technology seamlessly matches passengers headed in the same direction to provide quick and efficient trips, without lengthy detours or inconvenient schedules.
Try it FREE for a limited time!
- Rides are free through the end of August
- Only $2 per ride starting in September
- Book a ride with the Via app or call 636.251.3328
How to Ride
- Create an account. Download Via from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple sign-up steps. If you don’t have a smartphone, call 636.251.3328 to set up your ride.
- Request a ride. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
- Meet your driver. Check the app and walk a short distance to your pick up spot.
- Get where you need to go.
As part of our commitment to providing safe transit services during the COVID-19 crisis, you will be required to wear a face covering during your entire trip. All drivers are also required to wear masks. You can learn about the safety measures being taken by Via here: ridewithvia.com/safety
South St. Louis County – Fenton/Valley Park Area
Service is offered in this area seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station is included in this area for easy access to the Metro system.
North St. Louis County
Service will be available in this area seven days a week from 11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Via Metro STL service is being offered in North St. Louis County at these times to provide convenient options during off-peak hours when bus service is limited or has ended. The Riverview Transit Center is included in this service area.
Via Metro STL is a 12-month pilot program to explore on-demand transportation options as part of Metro Transit’s services.
Download Via now to get started