Ride Metro to St. Patrick’s Day Festivities in Dogtown
The 33rd annual Ancient Order of Hibernians St. Patrick’s Day Parade comes to Dogtown this Friday and Metro makes it easy for you to enjoy the festivities without worrying about parking and street closures.
MetroBus is a great option to get to the parade, which will run along Tamm Avenue between Oakland Avenue and Manchester Road. Three MetroBus routes will get you close to the parade route:
- The #32 ML King-Chouteau serves stops on Manchester Road near the southern end of the St. Patrick’s Day parade route.
- The #90 Hampton serves Hampton Avenue.
- The #59 Dogtown serves Oakland Avenue.
Keep in mind, the #59 Dogtown route will have detours from 9 a.m. until the end of service on Friday due to the St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
- Eastbound: operates regular route to Dale and Bellevue, left on Bellevue, right on Clayton Road, continue to I-64 eastbound, exit at Oakland and continue regular route.
- Westbound: operates regular route to Oakland and Clayton Avenue, right on Hampton to I-64 westbound, exit onto Clayton Road, left on Bellevue, right on Dale and continue regular route.
- Shuttle service on the #59 Dogtown between the Central West End Transit Center and St. Louis Community College at Forest Park will not be impacted by the parade.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 12:30 p.m. Immediately following the parade, the Dogtown neighborhood continues the St. Patrick’s Day celebration with an outdoor Irish Festival on Tamm Avenue.