Expo at Forest Park is a new mixed-use development in the Skinker-DeBaliviere neighborhood, just north of Forest Park. It includes 287 market-rate apartments and 30,000 square feet of retail space within walking distance of the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Transit Center.
This transit-oriented development project from private developer Tegethoff Development will include garage parking for Metro Transit commuters and enhanced access to the St. Louis region’s MetroBus network and MetroLink light-rail system. Included in the development are plans to adaptively reuse existing transit infrastructure and real estate at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Transit Center, including improving security, amenities and overall transit experience of MetroLink riders.
Construction began in summer 2020, and is expected to be completed by 2022.
“Expo at Forest Park is a wonderful example of thoughtful, impactful investment that strengthens our communities and drives economic growth,” said St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson. “This development will completely transform the Skinker-DeBaliviere neighborhood, bringing new resources, amenities and stronger transit accessibility, all within steps of Forest Park, one of our city’s most iconic destinations.”
- Two separate multi-family buildings
- 287-market rate apartments
- 30,000 square feet of retail space
- South building
- 284,500 square feet, eight stories
- 184,700 square feet of residential and amenity space
- 5,800 square feet of retail space
- North building
- 172,600 square feet, six stories
- 94,000 square feet of residential and amenity space
- 24,300 square feet of retail space
- Garage parking available for Metro Transit commuters
- Enhanced access to Metro Transit system
- New transit amenities and transit security improvements
- Project cost: $90 million
- Developer: Tegethoff Development
- Construction: Brinkmann Constructors
- Project Architect: Trivers
- Interior Design: RD Jones
• Project Drone Footage – October 2020