Metro Transit is Your Ticket to the Cardinals Home Opener on April 8Return to Blog
The St. Louis Cardinals return to Busch Stadium for their home opener on Thursday, April 8, and Metro Transit makes it easy for you to enjoy all of the fun and excitement.
Thousands of baseball fans will be traveling to downtown St. Louis for the game and opening day rallies and events, and Metro is a great option for you to join the festivities – safely and conveniently – while also avoiding traffic, congestion and parking hassles.
MetroLink will operate its regular weekday schedule on April 8. MetroLink platforms will be monitored throughout the day, and extra trains will be available to add into service, if needed.
Park your vehicle at any one of 20 free Park-Ride lots located at MetroLink stations in Missouri and Illinois, purchase a $5 round-trip MetroLink fare, and ride to the Stadium MetroLink Station to reach Busch Stadium and Ballpark Village, or to any of the five other MetroLink stations in downtown St. Louis to get to the home opener festivities.
The number of passengers on MetroLink trains departing Stadium MetroLink Station after the game will be limited to seated capacity (144 riders per train) to help keep everyone safe during this pandemic. In addition, a new queueing process will be put into place at Stadium Station following the game to safely accommodate baseball fans waiting to return home on MetroLink, which will allow for safe distancing between individuals and families and prevent crowds from forming on the station platform. Metro Transit and Metro Public Safety personnel will be available to assist passengers.
MetroBus is another convenient option for getting to the game. Ride on any one of 13 MetroBus routes to the Civic Center Transit Center, located just a few blocks west of Busch Stadium and Ballpark Village. A one-ride MetroBus fare is just $1.
Since March 2020, we have made adjustments to transit operations and policies to protect our riders and team members, while continuing to provide transportation options for everyone throughout the region. Here are some reminders for riding safely with us:
- Federal mandate requires everyone to wear a mask on Metro Transit. Please wear your face covering on MetroLink platforms, at Metro Transit Centers, when riding on MetroLink, MetroBus and Metro Call‑A‑Ride vehicles or waiting for your bus.
- Whenever possible, practice social distancing when on your vehicle or when waiting at your stop.
- Wash your hands regularly, or use hand sanitizer, and don’t ride if you are feeling ill.
- Use the Transit app for a contactless fare. You can buy MetroBus and MetroLink one-ride tickets and 2-hour passes through the Transit app with our mobile fares option.
- See something? Say something. Metro Public Safety is available 24/7 to address any of your concerns. Text 314-300-0188 or call 314-289-6873.
Stay updated on all service and operations updates in response to COVID-19 here: metrostlouis.org/health.
Plan Your Trip
To plan your trip to the Cardinals Home Opener, download the Transit app to your mobile device to plan your trip, pay your fare and check on the real-time status of your bus. You can also use the Trip Planner or check out MetroLink and MetroBus schedules, or contact Metro Transit Information at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.