Scott Transit Center and Grand Avenue Bridge Improvements
In 2011, Metro launched improvements on the Grand MetroLink Station alongside a City of St. Louis project, the Grand Boulevard Viaduct reconstruction. The viaduct is the bridge that carries Grand Boulevard over the MetroLink tracks.
Funded by FTA-provided capital grants and local match funds, the project included on-bridge Metro improvements and transit plaza improvements under the bridge. Improvements that have benefited pedestrians and Metro riders include the new bridge having wider, ADA-compliant sidewalks, bus pullouts, spacious weather shelter, seating, a vending area, updated fencing, improved lighting in the form of an Arts in Transit installation, and a free, 58-space Park-Ride lot.
- Start Date: February 2011
- Completion Date: August 2012
- Project Cost: $31.3 million ($24 million from the City of St. Louis; $7.3 million from FTA capital grant)
- Project Partners
- General Contractor: Ben Hur Construction
- Funding: City of St. Louis and FTA
- Arts in Transit Artist: Barbara Grygutis
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture: Horner & Shifrin, the Lawrence Group, and Tao and Lee Associates Inc.
MetroBus Service Returns to the Grand Bridge and the Grand MetroLink Station Reopens on Monday
TOD Corner: Economic Transformation On Tap Near Grand MetroLink Station