Demolition work on the DeBaliviere Bridge at Forest Park Parkway is scheduled for Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10, and may impact MetroLink passengers. The bridge demolition is part of the Loop Trolley construction project, and crews will be working above the MetroLink tracks at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. Trains will be unable to operate on that section of the light rail system from the start of MetroLink service Saturday (May 9) through the end of service Sunday (May 10). During this period, MetroLink Station Shuttles will be used to transport passengers by bus between the Skinker, Delmar Loop, Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Central West End MetroLink Stations. Passengers traveling through the affected area should plan ahead and allow for 30-minute delays.
On Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10, MetroLink trains will operate 20-minute service between:
• Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station and Delmar Loop Station
• Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and Skinker Station
• Central West End Station and Shiloh-Scott Station
Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station during this time. Regular Red Line service will operate between the Central West End and Shiloh-Scott Stations. Customers traveling east of the Central West End Station should utilize Red Line trains.
Transferring to the MetroLink Station Shuttles:
• Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Central West End Station. From there, they will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Skinker Station to resume their westbound trips on the MetroLink Blue Line.
• Passengers traveling westbound on the Red Line between the Shiloh-Scott Station and the Central West End Station, will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle at the Central West End Station and travel to the Delmar Loop Station to resume their westbound MetroLink Red Line trips.
• Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker Station will get off the train at Skinker. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they will resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
• Eastbound Red Line passengers traveling between Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and the Delmar Loop Station will get off the train at the Delmar Loop Station. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they can resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
MetroLink Station Shuttles serving the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will pick up and drop off on Pershing Avenue at DeBaliviere Avenue, just north of the station.
Regular MetroLink service is expected to resume by the start of service on Monday, May 11.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section or by calling Metro Transit Information Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.
About Bi-State Development Agency
The Bi-State Development Agency (BSDA) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 379 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 77 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. BSDA also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center and Gateway Arch Transportation System. The region’s new freight district also will be operated by BSDA.