Metro Senior Sign-Up Events Start May 3
Metro is hosting special reduced fare registration events for older adults in May at eight area Schnucks stores in St. Louis County. These events are an easy and convenient way for senior citizens to sign up for a Senior Reduced Fare Permit so they can save money and take advantage of half-price tickets on the Metro transit system to travel around the region.
Eligible older adults, age 65 and older, can sign up for the Senior Reduced Fare Permit or renew their expired permits on the following dates and times at these Schnucks locations:
- Tuesday, May 3: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Webster Groves at 8650 Big Bend Blvd., 63119
- Thursday, May 5: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Cool Valley at 1225 S. Florissant Road, 63121
- Tuesday, May 10: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Telegraph at 5519 Oakville Shopping Center, 63129
- Thursday, May 12: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Kirkwood at 10233 Manchester Road, 63122
- Tuesday, May 17: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Westfall Plaza at 8037 W. Florissant Ave., 63136
- Thursday, May 19: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Ladue at 8853 Ladue Road, 63124
- Tuesday, May 24: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Bridgeton at 11253 St. Charles Rock Road, 63044
- Thursday, May 26: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Shackelford at 1160 Shackelford Road, 63031
The Senior Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and older adults are required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro will take a photo and permits will be issued on site. The permits are valid for five years.
Senior Reduced Fare Permits can also be obtained at the MetroStore, located at 701 Convention Plaza at the corner of 7th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the #99 Downtown Trolley. More information about fares and Reduced Fare Permits is available at metrostlouis.org.
Representatives of senior organizations or independent living retirement communities may call 314-982-1455 to request a sign-up event at their facility.
Metro is the operator of the St. Louis region’s public transportation system, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 399 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 78 MetroBus routes in Missouri and Illinois; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 122 vans. Metro is an enterprise of Bi-State Development (BSD), which also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park; the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center and Gateway Arch trams. BSD also operates the Bi-State Development Research Institute and the Regional Freight District.