Metro Service Changes Scheduled for March 16
Metro transit constantly monitors and reviews feedback from customers and operators as part of the agency’s commitment to build a better transit experience for the St. Louis region. As a result, MetroBus routes and schedules are regularly updated to improve MetroLink connections and MetroBus on-time performance.
Details of the Service Change, effective Monday, March 16, are as follows:
- #11 Chippewa: The weekday eastbound trip at 6:02 p.m. from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station will be adjusted to provide a better connection with MetroLink.
- #16 City Limits: The last southbound trip on Sunday will be adjusted to better connect with MetroLink at the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station.
- #27 North County Shuttle: Schedules will be adjusted to improve connections with the #47 North Hanley at New Halls Ferry Rd. and Lindbergh Blvd. on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Additional rush hour trips on weekdays will operate between Jamestown Rd. and New Halls Ferry Rd. to provide 30-minute service to connect with the #47 North Hanley.
- #32 ML King-Chouteau: Currently, service operates every 40 minutes, with 20-minute service during rush hour between the Rock Road MetroLink Station and Civic Center MetroLink Station. Beginning March 16, southbound morning and afternoon rush hour service and northbound afternoon rush hour trips will operate every 30 minutes. This will provide more appropriate service levels and connections with the #57 Maplewood Wildwood at the Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Station. **Northbound morning rush hour trips will operate every 40 minutes.
- #34 Earth City: The trips at 2:52 p.m. and 4:52 p.m. will operate 5 minutes later to accommodate Magellan Health Center shift times.
- #35 Rock Road: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence on weekdays only.
- #36 Spanish Lake: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence on weekdays and Saturdays.
- #46 Tesson Ferry: Time adjustments in the morning to make better connections with MetroLink at the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station.
- #47 North Hanley: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence on weekdays. Weekday afternoon trips will be adjusted to connect with the #27 North County Shuttle. The trip at 5:44 a.m. will now serve Lighthouse for the Blind, arriving at 6:19 a.m. on weekdays.
- #48 South Lindbergh: Times will be adjusted on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays due to the relocation of bus stops at Missouri Baptist Hospital and Jefferson Barracks Hospital.
- #57 Maplewood Wildwood: Weekday service will be increased from the present 40-minute service to 30-minute service westbound during morning rush hours from start of service until 9:45 a.m. and on eastbound trips between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- #58 Clayton Ballas: Times will be adjusted on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays due to the relocation of the bus stop at Missouri Baptist Hospital.
- #61 Chambers: To accommodate large passenger volume on weekdays, trips will be added westbound from the Riverview Transit Center at 9:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. and eastbound from the North Hanley MetroLink Station at 2:58 p.m. Additional eastbound trips will operate between the North Hanley MetroLink Station and West Florissant Rd., leaving at 3:39 p.m., 8:16 p.m., 8:56 p.m., 9:36 p.m., 10:16 p.m. and 10:56 p.m., two minutes after the regular trips to Riverview Dr. and Hall St., to relieve overcrowding.
- #70 Grand: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays between Chippewa St. and Loughborough Commons.
- #91 Olive: Time adjustments on last trip from Chesterfield Mall to meet the #258 Clayton Chesterfield on weekdays only.
- #97 Delmar: Will extend early morning trips to begin service at the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station on weekdays and Saturdays only.
- #57X Clayton Rd: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence. The last trip leaving the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station will be adjusted by 5 minutes from 10:10 p.m. to 10:05 p.m. so the return trip will connect with the eastbound MetroLink train at 11:15 p.m. at the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station.
- #258 Clayton Chesterfield: Time adjustments to improve schedule adherence on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Specific details about the March 16 MetroBus service change updates, including new schedules and maps, can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Plan Your Trip section under Service Changes. Customer Service representatives are available from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 314-982-1406 (Missouri) or 618-271-7879 (Illinois).
About Bi-State Development Agency
The Bi-State Development Agency (BSDA) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 379 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 75 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call‑A‑Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. BSDA also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center, the Gateway and Arch Transportation System, and the Gateway Arch Parking Facility. The region’s new freight district authority also will be operated by BSDA.