Metro Transit to Host Job Fair on June 1: Immediately Hiring Part-Time MetroBus Operators
Interim Director of Communications
Metro Transit is looking for energetic, reliable, responsible and safe drivers to join the MetroBus team as part-time operators.
A Job Fair to identify interested candidates will be held on Saturday, June 1, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the MetroBus Central Facility located at 3300 Spruce Street, near Compton and Market Streets in St. Louis. Applicants must bring a current resume and be prepared to complete onsite applications and to participate in personal interviews. Metro’s Transit’s top priority is passenger safety.
WHAT: Metro Transit Job Fair for Part-Time Metro Bus Operators
WHERE: MetroBus Central Facility, 3300 Spruce Street (near Compton and Market
Streets), in St. Louis, MO
WHEN: Saturday, June 1, 2013
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Candidates for part-time MetroBus operators must meet this specific list of qualifications:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a valid high school diploma or GED
• Have a valid Missouri or Illinois driver’s license
• Have at least one year of experience in customer service
• Have at least three years of driving experience
• Have a safe driving record
• Be able to pass a background check and U.S. Department of Transportation physical examination and drug screen.
• Have a Commercial Driver License (CDL) or be able to obtain a Class B CDL permit
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates a Drug Free Workplace.
Bi-State Development Agency/Metro(BSDA/Metro) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 374 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 75 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 121 vans.
BSDA/Metro also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center, the Gateway Arch Transportation System, and the Gateway Arch Parking Facility.