MetroLink Work Scheduled June 15-21
Updated (June 19): Scheduled track maintenance at our College and Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Stations has been added Sunday (June 21).
MetroLink riders are encouraged to allow extra time for their commutes next week (June 15-21) as maintenance work on the MetroLink system may result in delays for some Red Line and Blue Line passengers. The Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station will be closed June 20-21 due to construction work on the DeBaliviere Bridge and that will impact service. Some MetroLink passengers will be transported by bus shuttles between the Central West End, Forest Park-DeBaliviere, Delmar Loop and Skinker Stations.
To accommodate work crews Monday through Thursday (June 15-18), MetroLink will operate on a single track at the:
- College Station
- Shiloh-Scott Station
- Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station
- University City-Big Bend Station
- Delmar Loop Station
Monday through Thursday (June 15-18) and Sunday (June 21) from 8 p.m. until end of service, regular Red Line MetroLink service will end at the College MetroLink Station. Customers who normally park at the Shiloh-Scott Station are encouraged to park at the College Station on the affected dates to avoid delays after 8 p.m.
- Eastbound passengers wishing to travel to the Shiloh-Scott Station will need to get off the Red Line MetroLink train at College Station and board a Shuttle Train to continue to the Shiloh-Scott Station. Eastbound passengers traveling from College Station to the Shiloh-Scott Station may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Westbound passengers at the Shiloh-Scott Station will need to board a Shuttle Train and ride to College Station where they can board a westbound Red Line train. Westbound passengers traveling from the Shiloh-Scott Station to College Station may experience delays of 20 to 25 minutes.
Wednesday (June 17) from 8 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station.
- Blue Line and Red Line passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes during this single-track operation.
- All passengers (both eastbound and westbound) will be boarding on the WESTBOUND side of the platform at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station.
Thursday (June 18) from 11:30 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere, Delmar Loop, University City-Big Bend and Skinker Stations.
- All passengers (both eastbound and westbound) will be boarding on the EASTBOUND side of the platform at these four MetroLink stations. Signage will indicate which platform is to be used.
- Blue Line and Red Line passengers may experience 10-minute delays during this single-track operation.
Saturday and Sunday (June 20-21) from beginning of service until end of service, the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will be closed due to bridge construction work for the Loop Trolley project. MetroLink will provide Station Shuttle service between the Skinker, Delmar Loop, Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Central West End Stations. MetroLink riders should allow for 30-minute delays.
MetroLink will operate 20-minute service from the:
- Central West End Station to the Shiloh-Scott Station
- Delmar Loop Station to the Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station
- Skinker Station to the Shrewsbury Lansdowne I-44 Station
- Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station during this time. Regular Red Line service will operate between the Central West End and Shiloh-Scott Stations. Customers traveling east of the Central West End Station should utilize Red Line trains.
Transferring to the MetroLink Station Shuttles:
• Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Central West End Station. From there, they will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Skinker Station to resume their westbound trips on the MetroLink Blue Line.
• Passengers traveling westbound on the Red Line between the Shiloh-Scott Station and the Central West End Station, will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle at the Central West End Station and travel to the Delmar Loop Station to resume their westbound MetroLink Red Line trips.
• Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker Station will get off the train at Skinker. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they will resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
• Eastbound Red Line passengers traveling between Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and the Delmar Loop Station will get off the train at the Delmar Loop Station. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they can resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
MetroLink Station Shuttles serving the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will pick up and drop off on Pershing Avenue at DeBaliviere Avenue, just north of the station.
Regular MetroLink service is expected to resume by the start of service on Monday, June 22.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section or by calling Metro Transit Information Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.
About Bi-State Development Agency
The Bi-State Development Agency (BSDA) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 379 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 77 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. BSDA also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center and Gateway Arch Transportation System. The region’s new freight district also will be operated by BSDA.