MetroLink Work Scheduled March 22-28
No MetroLink Service between North Hanley and St. Louis Lambert International Stations March 27 & 28
Transit riders, who plan to take MetroLink to or from St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 on Saturday, March 27 or Sunday, March 28, should allow an extra 30 minutes for their trips to ensure they arrive at their gates on time. No MetroLink trains will be operating between the airport and the North Hanley MetroLink Station so that track maintenance and platform construction work can be performed.
MetroLink Station Shuttles will transport Red Line MetroLink passengers using Metro Call-A-Ride vans between the airport and the North Hanley Station and both terminals at STL. The MetroLink Station Shuttles will drop off and pick up riders at Door #3 (upper level) at STL’s Terminal 2, and Door #2 (upper level) at Terminal 1. Normal MetroLink service between the North Hanley Station and the STL stations will resume by the beginning of service on Monday, March 29. Blue Line MetroLink service will not be impacted on March 27 or March 28.
MetroLink passengers may also need to allow extra time for their evening commutes next week as construction work along the light rail system will create minor delays.
Monday through Friday, March 22-26, from 8 p.m. through the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate construction work at that station.
- During these periods, Blue Line MetroLink trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train to continue their westbound trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line riders will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line passengers may experience delays of 5 minutes.
- Passengers should allow an extra 10 minutes when transferring between the Red Line and the Blue Line.
For more information, visit the Rider Alert section on metrostlouis.org or contact the Metro Transit Information team at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.