COVID-19 Update: Next MetroBus Service Adjustments in Effect Starting on March 30
Service on 4 MetroBus routes will be suspended beginning on Monday
Metro Transit continues its commitment to sustaining transit services by connecting people to important destinations that are supporting our region during this critical time, including health care institutions, grocery stores and supply distribution facilities. Only riders taking essential trips are asked to use public transit at this time.
Over the past two weeks, ridership across most MetroBus routes and MetroLink has fallen due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Transit ridership remains stronger on some of Metro’s busiest bus routes, while others that serve businesses and schools that have temporarily closed carried fewer passengers in past weeks. As a result, Metro is shifting its available personnel and transit vehicles in response to this fluid situation.
New Service Adjustments:
Beginning Monday, March 30, Metro Transit will temporarily suspend service on four Missouri MetroBus routes: #1 Gold | #5 Green | #17 Mackenzie |#59 Oakland.
Each of these routes primarily serve businesses that have temporarily closed, and have seen significantly low ridership numbers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Several other low-ridership MetroBus routes will remain in service, but will be supported by Metro Call-A-Ride vans. These routes include the #56 Kirkwood-Webster | #71 Patterson-Redman | #75 Christian Hospital | #174X Halls Ferry Express.
These adjustments allow Metro to focus resources on the busiest and highest-ridership MetroBus routes, while supporting demand without overcrowding transit vehicles. Metro continues to review customer input, trends in transit ridership and business schedules, as wells as available personnel resources to inform any further adjustments to transit service.
Service Adjustments Effective March 23
The new service adjustments are in addition to changes that were made on March 23, which remain in effect. Those changes include:
- MetroLink is operating its normal weekend schedule seven days a week until further notice.
- Several MetroBus routes continue to operate on a Saturday schedule, with the exception being routes that currently do not operate on Saturdays and Express routes in Missouri (see below).
- Several MetroBus routes that currently do not operate on Saturdays are operating on their normal weekday schedule. These routes include the #101 Fenton Connector (MO); #14 Memorial Hospital-Westfield Plaza (IL); #15 Belleville-O’Fallon (IL); #17 Carlyle Plaza-17th Street (IL); #21 Scott AFB-Main Base Shuttle (IL); #21X Scott AFB-East Base Shuttle (IL). Service on select Express routes in Illinois – #2X Waterloo-Columbia and #17X Lebanon-Mascoutah – will run on weekday schedules until further notice.
- Service on Express MetroBus routes in Missouri remains temporarily suspended. Suspended routes include the #57X Clayton Road, #58X Twin Oaks Express, #73X I-55 Express, #79X North County Express and #410 Eureka Express.
- Metro Call-A-Ride is operating the same span of service and the same geographic area that it normally operates.
Additional information about these service adjustments is available on metrostlouis.org. Customers who need assistance are encouraged to contact Metro Transit Information for schedule and trip-planning support. Metro Transit Information is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. by text at 314-207-9786 and by phone at 314-231-2345.