Metro will help customers prepare for changes to more than 50 bus routes starting on August 30 by delivering literally busloads of information to many of the Transit Centers across the region starting Monday, August 23, through Friday, August 27.
“Information Buses” – buses loaded with Metro transit experts, new route schedules and other information about the service changes that start August 30 – will be at many of the Transit Centers. Information tables staffed by transit experts with schedules and information to distribute to customers will be located at other centers.
Customers can find out about all of the service changes and get answers to their questions about specific bus routes at the locations listed below.
WHEN & WHERE:
The locations and times are:
Monday, August 23
• Clayton Transit Center, 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• Shrewsbury Transit Center, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 24
• Rock Road MetroLink Station, 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• North Hanley Transit Center, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 25
• Riverview Transit Center, 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• Civic Center Transit Center, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 26
• Delmar MetroLink Station, 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• Central West End Transit Center, 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday, August 27
• Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station, 5:30 to 9:30 a.m.
• Gravois-Hampton MetroBus Transfer Center, 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• Wellston MetroLink Station, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Focused on changes to MetroBus routes across the region, the second and final phase of service restoration launches August 30 and will affect thousands of commuters. While this will not be a block-by-block reproduction of service as customers knew it before the reductions in 2009, Metro will restore its geographic service footprint and implement other changes that will make service to customers better than ever while also making it more efficient and responsive.
Some routes will see only changes to time schedules. Many more will be restored or restructured, including some that will be split into two or three routes as warranted by ridership levels and system efficiencies. Information on all of those changes and how customers can adjust to them will be provided by experts at the Information Buses and tables throughout the week of August 23.
Metro implemented the first phase of service restoration on June 28, affecting more than 20 MetroBus routes and increasing MetroLink frequency to 12 minutes from 15 minutes.
Details on route and time changes also are available at www.metrostlouis.org or by calling Metro Customer Service at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.