MetroBus Will Transport Customers to Five Downtown and East St. Louis MetroLink Stations This Weekend
Director of Communications
Due to construction near the East Riverfront MetroLink Station, Metro will not operate trains between the Emerson Park MetroLink Station and the Stadium MetroLink Station January 14-15. Customers will be transported by bus shuttles between those stations and should allow extra time for their commutes Saturday and Sunday. MetroLink will operate on a special schedule starting Friday evening in preparation for the weekend construction. Regular MetroLink service will resume Monday morning, January 16.
Starting at 8 p.m. on January 13, Blue Line Service will only operate from the Shrewsbury MetroLink Station to the Civic Center MetroLink Station.
Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights MetroLink Station and the Stadium MetroLink Station should board a Red Line train to the Civic Center station to catch a Blue Line train.
Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Civic Center MetroLink Station and the Fairview Heights MetroLink Station should get on a Red Line train at the Civic Center station to continue eastbound. Customers should build an extra 10 minutes into their commutes. Red Line customers will not be affected.
Starting at 11 p.m. on January 13, Red Line trains will begin operating at reduced speeds between the Arch-Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Station and 5th and Missouri MetroLink Station due to construction activity. Red Line and Blue Line customers should prepare for additional delays of 15 to 20 minutes through the end of service.
Beginning at start of service on January 14 through end of service January 15, Blue Line service will only operate between the Shrewsbury MetroLink Station and the Central West End MetroLink Station.
Red Line service will only operate between Lambert Airport and the Stadium MetroLink Station and between the Emerson Park MetroLink Station and the Shiloh-Scott MetroLink Station.
Customers will be transported by bus shuttles between the Emerson Park MetroLink Station and the Stadium MetroLink Station. Blue Line and Red Line passengers can expect 20-30 minute delays Saturday and Sunday.
MetroLink will provide 10 minute service from the Central West End MetroLink Station to the Forest Park MetroLink Station.
MetroLink will provide 20-minute service between:
• The Emerson Park and Shiloh-Scott stations,
• The Stadium and Central West End stations,
• The Forest Park and Lambert Airport Terminal stations,
• The Forest Park and the Shrewsbury stations.
Metro will operate bus shuttles all weekend.
• The Express shuttle will transport MetroLink customers between the Stadium and Emerson Park stations with no stops.
• The local bus shuttles will pick up and drop off MetroLink customers at the Stadium station, 8th and Pine station, Convention Center station, Arch-Laclede’s Landing station, East Riverfront station, 5th and Missouri station, and the Emerson Park station. Passengers should look for signs and/or Metro and St. Clair County Transit District personnel to direct them to the bus shuttles.
• The Illinois Express bus shuttles will transport Blues fans taking MetroLink eastbound home after the game Saturday night. The bus shuttles will be parked on Clark Street outside the Scottrade Center after the game. The Illinois Express shuttle will drop off passengers at the East Riverfront MetroLink Station, 5th and Missouri MetroLink Station and the Emerson Park MetroLink Station. Eastbound fans, who miss the special shuttles after the Blues game, can take MetroLink from the Civic Center station to the Stadium station and board the bus shuttles there to continue eastbound.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section.