MetroLink Work Scheduled April 20-26
The Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station will be closed April 25 and April 26 due to the scheduled demolition of the DeBaliviere Bridge at Forest Park Parkway in St. Louis. MetroLink passengers should allow for 30-minute delays to be shuttled by bus between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station, Central West End Station, Skinker Station and Delmar Loop Station that weekend. To accommodate crews preparing for the bridge demolition, MetroLink will operate on a single track during the evenings from April 20 through April 24. MetroLink passengers may experience brief delays on both the Red Line and Blue Line those nights. Some passengers may also need to board trains from the other platform during this work. The MetroLink stations impacted by the single track operation are:
- University City-Big Bend MetroLink Station
- Skinker MetroLink Station
- Delmar Loop MetroLink Station
- Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station
On Monday, Tuesday and Friday (April 20, April 21 and April 24) beginning at 8 p.m. through the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station.
- Passengers boarding MetroLink at this station should look for signs indicating which side of the platform is open during this period. Passengers traveling in BOTH directions will have to board MetroLink trains from the DESIGNATED platform.
- Blue Line and Red Line customers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
On Wednesday and Thursday (April 22 and April 23) from 8 p.m. through the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the University City-Big Bend, Skinker, Delmar Loop and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations
- Passengers traveling in BOTH directions will have to board MetroLink trains from the EASTBOUND platform at the University City-Big Bend Station, Skinker Station and the Delmar Loop Station.
- Blue Line and Red Line customers may experience 10-minute delays.
On Saturday and Sunday (April 25 and April 26) from the beginning of service through the end of service, trains will be unable to operate on that section of the light rail system from the start of Metro service Saturday (April 25) through the end of service Sunday (April 26.) MetroLink customers will be transported instead by bus shuttles between the:
- Skinker Station
- Delmar Loop Station
- Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station
- Central West End Station
Passengers should plan for 30-minute delays.
MetroLink trains will operate 20-minute service April 25 and April 26 between:
- Lambert Airport Terminal #1 Station and Delmar Loop Station
- Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and Skinker Station
- Central West End Station and Shiloh-Scott Station
Blue Line trains will ONLY operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station during this time. Customers traveling east of the Central West End Station should utilize Red Line trains. Regular Red Line service will operate between the Central West End and Shiloh-Scott Stations.
Transferring to the MetroLink Station Shuttles April 25 and April 26:
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central West End Station should board a Red Line train to the Central West End Station. From there, they will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Skinker Station to resume their westbound trips on the MetroLink Blue Line.
- Passengers traveling westbound on the Red Line between the Shiloh-Scott Station and the Central West End Station, will board the MetroLink Station Shuttle at the Central West End Station and travel to the Delmar Loop Station to resume their westbound MetroLink Red Line trips.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker Station will get off the train at Skinker. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they will resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
- Eastbound Red Line passengers traveling between Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and the Delmar Loop Station will get off the train at the Delmar Loop Station. There, they will catch the MetroLink Station Shuttle to the Central West End Station, where they can resume their eastbound trips on a Red Line train.
MetroLink Station Shuttles serving the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will pick up and drop off on Pershing Avenue at DeBaliviere Avenue, just north of the station.
Regular MetroLink service is expected to resume by the start of service on Monday, April 27.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section or by calling
Metro Transit Information Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.
About Bi-State Development Agency
The Bi-State Development Agency (BSDA) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 379 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 77 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. BSDA also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center and Gateway Arch Transportation System. The region’s new freight district also will be operated by BSDA.