MetroLink Work Scheduled August 20-24
Some MetroLink riders may need to allow a little extra time for their evening commutes next week as work on the light rail system may result in delays for Red Line and Blue Line passengers.
On Monday through Thursday (August 20-23) from 8 p.m. to the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Central West End MetroLink Station to accommodate work on the station’s platform extension project, and Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations, and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to transfer to a Blue Line train and continue their westbound trips
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line MetroLink passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Passengers should allow 10 minutes when transferring between Red Line and Blue Line
- Passengers transferring between MetroLink and MetroBus at the Central West End Station, please allow an extra 10 minutes due to the closure of the walkway.
On Monday through Friday (August 20-24) from 8 p.m. to the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester MetroLink Stations to allow crews to perform track maintenance. This maintenance work will not affect Red Line service.
- Eastbound Blue Line trains will depart 5 minutes early from the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44, Sunnen and Maplewood-Manchester Stations. Eastbound Blue Line trains will operate on their normal schedule beginning at the Brentwood I-64 MetroLink Station.
- Westbound Blue LineMetroLink passengers traveling to the Maplewood-Manchester, Sunnen or Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Stations may experience delays of 5 minutes.
Updates on Metro Transit operations can be found at metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section, on Twitter at @STLMetro and on Facebook at St. Louis Metro Transit. For more information, contact Metro Transit Information by calling 314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345 or texting 314-207-9786, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
About Metro Transit
Metro Transit operates the St. Louis region’s public transportation system which includes 400 clean-burning diesel buses that serve 83 MetroBus routes in eastern Missouri and southwestern Illinois. Metro also operates MetroLink light rail vehicles on 46 miles of track serving 38 stations in the two-state area, and operates Metro Call‑A‑Ride, a paratransit fleet of 122 vans. Metro Transit is one of five enterprises operated by Bi-State Development.