MetroLink Work Scheduled December 8-14
Update: Rail maintenance has been modified to reflect updated time frames for the weekend.
Rail maintenance work on the MetroLink system may result in brief delays for some Red Line and Blue Line passengers next week, so customers are encouraged to allow a little extra time for their commutes.
To accommodate the crews, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Wellston MetroLink Station, Rock Road MetroLink Station, Delmar Loop MetroLink Station, Union Station MetroLink Station and Civic Center MetroLink Station, depending on the night.
- On Monday (Dec. 8) from 8 p.m. until the end of service and on Tuesday (Dec. 9) from 11:30 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Wellston and Rock Road Stations. Red Line customers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes. Blue Line service will not be impacted by this work.
- On Wednesday (Dec. 10) from 8 p.m. until the end of service and on Thursday (Dec. 11) from 11:30 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Delmar Loop Station. Red Line customers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes. Blue Line service will not be impacted by this work.
- On Friday (Dec. 12) from 8 p.m. until the end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Union Station and Civic Center Stations. MetroLink will also operate on a single track in the same area on Saturday (Dec. 13) from the beginning of service to 8 a.m. and from 11:30 p.m. to the end of service and on Sunday (Dec. 14) from the beginning of service to 8 a.m. Blue Line trains will only operate between the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station and the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station during this time. Red Line andBlue Line customers may experience 5 to 15 minute delays.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers traveling between the Fairview Heights Station and the Central End Station should board a Red Line train to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station and transfer to a Blue Line train to continue westbound.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers who board between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 Station and the Skinker MetroLink Station should transfer to a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue eastbound. Eastbound Blue Line customers boarding between the Central West End Station and Fairview Heights Station will also need to board an eastbound Red Line train for their trips.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section.
About Bi-State Development Agency
The Bi-State Development Agency (BSDA) is the operator of the Metro public transportation system for the St. Louis region, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 379 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 75 MetroBus routes; and Metro Call-A-Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. BSDA also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park, and the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center, the Gateway and Arch Transportation System, and the Gateway Arch Parking Facility. America’s Gateway, the region’s new freight district authority, will be operated by BSDA.