MetroLink Work Scheduled November 16 – 22
Maintenance work on the MetroLink system scheduled November 16-22 may result in minor delays for some Red Line and Blue Line MetroLink passengers. To accommodate platform maintenance and ongoing wood rail tie replacement work, MetroLink will operate on a single track at several MetroLink stations next week, and Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations next weekend.
Monday – Wednesday evenings only:
- Lambert Airport Terminal #1 MetroLink Station
- Lambert Airport Terminal #2 MetroLink Station
Thursday evening only:
- North Hanley MetroLink Station
- UMSL North MetroLink Station
- UMSL South MetroLink Station
Saturday and Sunday:
- Union Station MetroLink Station
- Civic Center MetroLink Station
On Monday through Wednesday (November 16-18) from 8 p.m. until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Lambert Airport Terminal #1 and Terminal #2 MetroLink Stations.
- To maintain MetroLink service between the North Hanley and Lambert Airport MetroLink Stations while accommodating maintenance work, eastbound Red Line MetroLink trains departing from the Airport Terminal #1 and Airport Terminal #2 MetroLink Stations will leave 5 minutes earlier than their scheduled times.
- Westbound Red Line MetroLink trains traveling from the North Hanley Station to the Lambert Airport MetroLink Stations will experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blue Line service will not be impacted by this maintenance work.
On Thursday (November 19) from 8 p.m. until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the North Hanley, UMSL North and UMSL South MetroLink Stations.
- Red Line passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
- No impact on Blue Line service.
On Saturday and Sunday (November 21 & 22) from the beginning of service until end of service, MetroLink will operate on a single track at the Union Station and Civic Center MetroLink Stations, and Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Stations.
- Westbound Blue Line passengers will need to board a Red Line train between the Fairview Heights and Central West End MetroLink Stations and travel to the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station to transfer to a westbound Blue Line train. Passengers should allow 10 minutes for their commutes for transferring from a Red Line to a Blue Line train.
- Eastbound Blue Line passengers will need to transfer to a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to continue their eastbound trips.
- Red Line passengers may experience delays of 5 to 10 minutes. Blue Line passengers who need to transfer between the Blue Line and Red Line may experience 10-minute delays.
Updates on MetroLink operations can be found at www.metrostlouis.org in the Rider Alert section.
Metro is the operator of the St. Louis region’s public transportation system, which includes the 87 vehicle, 46-mile MetroLink light rail system; 391 MetroBus vehicle fleet that operates on 77 MetroBus routes in Missouri and Illinois; and Metro Call‑A‑Ride, a paratransit fleet of 120 vans. Metro is an enterprise of Bi-State Development (BSD), which also owns and operates St. Louis Downtown Airport and its surrounding industrial business park; the Gateway Arch Riverboats, as well as operates the Gateway Arch Revenue Collections Center and Gateway Arch trams. BSD also operates the Bi-State Development Research Institute and the Regional Freight District.